This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on August 18, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Join Turo as a Trust & Safety Investigator supporting our vibrant collection of car owners and travelers who inspire and fuel us every day. In this role you will be responsible for executing processes critical to ensuring the safety and security of the Turo community and marketplace.
You will respond to, investigate, and resolve assigned risk-related cases including fraudulent activity, missing vehicles, and any other issues that affect safety. We look for candidates with superb judgment, strong interview and communication skills, and a desire to help us build a world-class Trust & Safety Investigations team at Turo.
This position will be based in Phoenix and reports to our Investigations Supervisor in our Phoenix, AZ office. This is not a remote position and interested parties must reside in the Phoenix area at time of accepting any Offer.
What You’ll Do
Role & Responsibilities
- Proudly be the Trust & Safety liaison for escalations from customer support, claims, leadership, and law enforcement
- Provide outstanding support to the valued members of the Turo community in the US, Canada, and the UK
- Independently manage and prioritize assigned caseload from start to finish with excellent follow-through
- Complete detailed investigations and execute the appropriate strategy for each case type; lead interviews with suspects and victims
- Develop deep understanding of risk signals, review user accounts and transactions, and consistently identify fraud and other high-risk activity
- Communicate case developments, trends, and other insights to team and management to drive continuous improvement
- Work with and foster relationships with a valued network of law enforcement, external partners, and investigators
- Assume responsibility for special projects assigned by management and contribute to colleague’s projects
- 2+ years of Investigations, Trust and Safety, Fraud or Risk Management experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, drive and embrace change
- Superb and dynamic communication, interpersonal, and investigative skills
- Commitment to high responsiveness and availability, strong ability to prioritize
- Can quickly adapt to new technology and systems: experience with Zendesk, CRM systems, Google Docs, and MS Office preferred. Mac expertise is a plus.
- You are a team player with a positive mental attitude, high energy, high integrity, strong work ethic, enthusiasm, sense of humor, and a commitment to the mission
- Legal or law enforcement experience desirable
- BA/BS or work equivalent required
- Open to four-day schedule (Sunday to Wednesday or Wednesday to Saturday, 10 am – 8 pm)
- Competitive salary, equity, benefits, and perks for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance (Country specific)
- Retirement employer match
- $2,000 Learning & Development stipend to invest in your professional development
- $1,000 USD Turo host matching and $1,500 USD vehicle reimbursement program
- $100 USD Monthly Turo travel credit
- Cell phone, internet and Fringe benefit stipend
- Paid time off to relax and recharge
- Paid holidays, volunteer time off, and parental leave
- For those who are in the office full-time or hybrid we have weekly in-office lunch, office snacks, and fun activities
- Annual Turbo Week (week-long, company-wide conference)