This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on January 5, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Your primary focus will be content review as well as a number of related tasks which include processing reports of mature or otherwise violative content, child safety issues, intellectual property disputes, and law enforcement requests. Your on-the-ground experience in these areas will contribute to policy decisions, improving internal processes, examining trends, communicating with outside partners, and working with multiple teams across Automattic.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Experience in content moderation, policy development, and crisis management.
- Experience working within a larger (20+ person) Trust & Safety team at medium-to-large web platform.
- An interest in—and deep understanding of—current internet policy issues such as freedom of speech, intellectual property, child safety, and government requests.
- An ability to communicate nuanced and complex issues in clear, straightforward terms.
- Comfort with collaboration across a globally distributed, multicultural team.
- Familiarity with Automattic’s suite of products and their associated communities.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, empathy, and the ability to work effectively across different subject matters (e.g. policy, law, and technology).
- Great judgment. Better yet, really great judgment.
- Fluent and eloquent written English is required. And if you’re fluent in additional languages, notably Arabic, Korean, Brazilian Portuguese, and/or Spanish, be sure to let us know.
Please note that this role includes exposure to sensitive, graphic, and potentially disturbing content.
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound exciting? If so, we’d love you to fill out our application form. In your cover letter, let us know what you can contribute to the team. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress, Tumblr, and Automattic accurately. We are lucky to receive many applications for this position, so try to make your application stand out.
We also ask for you to answer a few questions in the application form.
To apply for this job please visit automattic.com.