This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on November 13, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
About the Role & Team:
No global movement springs from individuals. It takes an entire team united behind something big. On the Safety Operations team at Airbnb, we’re proud to be at the forefront of the sharing economy. We recognise that we are the leaders of a new, worldwide phenomenon, and that’s why we’re working so hard to build the world’s most loyal travel community.
Together, our team provides support to more than 100 million lifetime guests and 3 million listings in over 191 countries. The Safety Supervisor will manage the performance and quality of their team measured by agreed-upon service delivery targets and mentoring the specialists on their team. You will report to Manager, Safety.
What you’ll do:
Build and Nurture Engaged Teams
- Manage end-to-end people strategy and operations within the team. This includes driving onboarding, talent development and people engagement.
- Ensure employee happiness to create deep connections and help translate the Mission of Airbnb into meaningful and clear goals.
- Support your team in handling urgent, escalated personal safety cases (e.g., domestic violence, sexual assault, suicide, surveillance devices), prioritising wellness and sustainability.
- Lead with empathy to establish approachability to care about and support the team to meet goals.
- Ensure professional and personal growth through supporting and challenging your team with feedback, one-on-ones, promoting opportunities, expectation-setting, and other growth tools at your disposal.
- Keep up with daily management tasks such as scheduling, shift approval, team and one-on-one meetings, and managing basic HR-related issues (pay/benefits/HR policy enforcement, etc.).
- Manage both team and individual performance and resources to ensure compliance with policies and SLAs.
- Ensure individual team members are made owners to their performance goals in a fair manner by setting clear expectations, following-up individually, and coaching team members positively to develop their skills in a tailored way.
- Always evaluate procedures. Work with the team to identify opportunities to improve performance and better improve processes for the team, region, and global community.
- Lead the team towards the execution of the company and strategic goals following the guidance of the Operations Manager, and collaborate with the OM to develop recommendations for service improvements and regional prioritisation.
- Manage execution of complex, sensitive, and urgent issues that might pose a significant risk to our brand or community. Work with your regional leadership to influence partners and the Safety Service Manager to mitigate risks.
- Be a Point of Contact for urgent or other sensitive cases within your region, spending time each week working on tickets and other escalated issues to refine subject matter expertise.
- Work with fellow Team Leads in addition to maintaining a connection to your cross-functional partners.
- Participate in projects outside of the scope of your department, as assigned by your manager.
What you”ll bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience in a safety related field and at least 2 years leading, inspiring and motivating teams to meet operational targets
- Experience in any of the following fields is optional: Psychology, Social Work, Public Policy, Criminal Justice, Mediation or related
- Experience with evidence based best practice in handling personal safety issues using a trauma informed approach
- Experience managing complex, escalated cases with elevated media or legal risk
- Strong metrics-based performance management skills
- Understand and execute policies and procedures
- Maintains confidentiality during investigations