This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on February 7, 2023. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Mercury is building a complete finance stack for startups. We work hard to create the easiest and safest banking experience possible to simplify entrepreneurs’ and business owners’ financial lives.
In order to achieve this vision, a robust risk management program that will seamlessly protect our customers, Mercury and the broader financial ecosystem from bad actors and illegal activities is essential. We’re looking to hire our first risk strategist who will help up level our risk policies and processes, bring risk expertise and analytical approach to our risk strategy, and play a key role in building this important function.
In this role, you will:
- Lead cross-functional efforts to strengthen risk controls, improve user experience and scale operations.
- Partner with Product, Eng, Compliance, Data Science, Support and rest of the Risk team to proactively build capabilities that enhance our ability to take good risk.
- Identify and address gaps and vulnerabilities in our system to reduce fraud and non-compliant product usage.
- Utilize data and quantitative analysis to build automated risk solutions.
- Make thoughtful risk / reward trade-offs and help set a long term strategy for risk problem areas.
- Become an expert on Mercury’s products, and Risk’s program, policies, and tools.
- Have 6+ years of experience in an analytical role, including 2+ years in Risk, Trust & Safety, or a related field.
- Have a strong product sense and user empathy.
- Possess good SQL skills and experience in applying those to improve and monitor business performance.
- Enjoy building programs from the ground up, and collaborating with various teams to achieve results.
- Be an analytical thinker – you use data and reason to make your arguments and drive decisions.
- Be comfortable with decision making in a fast paced, ambiguous environment, while demonstrating curiosity and growth mindset.