This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on February 7, 2023. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Online misinformation, hate speech, child endangerment, and extreme violence are some of the world’s most critical and complex problems. Trust Lab is a fast-growing, VC-backed startup, founded by ex-Google executives determined to use software engineering, ML, and data science to tackle these challenges and make the internet healthier and safer for everyone.
If you’re interested in working with the world’s largest social media companies and online platforms and building technologies to mitigate these issues, you’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for passionate engineers who want to solve difficult problems and use tech for good in the Trust & Safety industry.
As an engineer on our team, you’ll work directly with ex-senior leaders from Google, YouTube, TikTok, and Reddit, build and commercialize cutting-edge technologies, and have the opportunity to develop your skills across a varied tech stack. We are a tech-first company, and our engineers are the lifeblood of everything we do. You can expect rapid growth and mentorship opportunities, meaningful work, and a fun work environment.
- Extract features from text content, both English and non-English
- Build text classification models to identify unsafe online content
- Leverage off-the-shelf, pre-trained models and other heuristics where appropriate
- Work with team to productionize models in a high throughput, low latency setting
- Design industry-leading solutions informed by a thorough understanding of the domain
- Take ownership of modeling e2e to meet business requirements
- A technical Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience developing software
- At least 2+ years of professional software development experience (in the industry) where you were coding at least 50% of the time
- Past experience relevant to the above responsibilities
- Ability to write high-quality, well-tested code and high comfort level with Python
Extras (nice-to-have but not required!)
- Experience or interest in working in the Trust and Safety industry
- Familiarity with AWS primitives, Kubernetes, AWS Lambda
- Experience building and tuning multi-modal ML systems