This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on April 11, 2023. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
ISD is seeking to recruit at least one Hate & Extremism Analyst focused on digital analysis of hate and extremism in the UK and Europe. The salary for this position is £30,000 – £45,000 per annum, dependent on experience.
The Analyst will play an important role in ISD’s research and policy teams, delivering analysis of UK and European extremism online, as well as its intersection with wider hate and conspiracy movements. The candidate will work closely with ISD’s Digital Analysis Unit and analysts from ISD Germany in Berlin, therefore good working knowledge of German is an asset.
Key responsibilities include:
- Driving analysis on online hate and extremism in the UK and Europe
- Authoring reports and briefings detailing key trends in extremist activity
- Supporting analysis of policy developments relating to hate and extremism
- Presenting ISD’s analysis to key civil society, research and policy partners
- Supporting the ISD team with development and scoping of new research projects
Candidates must have the following skills and experience:
- Strong subject matter knowledge of extremism (e.g. far right, Islamist extremism) and hate (e.g. antisemitism, anti-LGBTQ hate) in the UK and Europe
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative digital analysis, monitoring and online investigations
- Excellent written communication skills in English, with working proficiency in German also a highly valuable asset.
The following skills and experience would be highly valued in an application:
- Understanding of information operations, disinformation and conspiracy movements
- Familiarity with the policy and legal landscape around hate speech, violent extremism and online harms
- Experience with delivery of practical programming, including strategic communications and educational initiatives
- French or Arabic language working proficiency
Please submit your application by Wednesday April 26th 2023 @ 09:00 GMT, including your CV/resume and a one-page cover letter outlining your experience and motivation. ISD reserves the right to interview and appoint candidates prior to the advertised closing date.