TrustCon is the global conference dedicated to trust and safety professionals who are responsible for the challenging work of keeping our platforms and communities safe. TrustCon, the only conference of its kind, is the culmination of TSPA’s vision to create and foster a global community of practice among trust and safety professionals. This conference will create an enduring and supportive community; offer workshops and presentations focused on the practice of trust and safety; and explore successes, lessons learned, and the future of the field. Attendees have the opportunity to collaborate, hear from trust and safety thought leaders, and connect with peers from all over the world.
In 2023, we will be hosting in person TrustCon in San Francisco, CA and we are seeking conference volunteers for our in-person program. Conference volunteers will be an essential part in the organization of TrustCon and they will play a major role in executing structural tasks during the conference at San Francisco.
In-person conference volunteers will be expected to work five hours per day for each day of the conference. In recognition of their service, volunteers will receive free registration for the in-person program. TSPA will provide accommodations for volunteers who are not local and transportation reimbursements for local volunteers. Volunteer opportunities are open to both TSPA members and non-members.
In-person conference volunteers will be invited to:
- Assist with event set up;
- Welcome TrustCon attendees and answer basic questions from attendees;
- Provide registration support;
- Serve as time-keepers for lightning talks, presentations, and panel discussions;
- Serve as room moderators, assisting speakers with set-up and checking badges to ensure attendees meet the entry requirements of a given session;
- Support various TSPA community activities throughout the conference.
TSPA will provide in-person conference volunteers with:
- An orientation session;
- A messaging app (TBD) for communication;
- A map of the venue;
- A run of the show;
- Contacts for relevant staff, vendors, and hotel;
- A break/recharge room;
- Refreshments (i.e., coffee, non-alcoholic beverages, food).
The deadline to submit your volunteer application is Sunday, June 11, 2023.
To apply to be a conference volunteer, please complete the form below. Acceptance notifications will be sent by Friday, June 16, 2023.