This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on August 29, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
We are looking for an experienced Trust & Safety executive to lead our Product Safety function, which will work to develop and scale tools and processes to protect our customers and their end users from harmful activities and content, from fraud to harassment.
As the leader of Product Safety, you will be responsible for (1) designing, building, running, and scaling in-product safety features and services across many products and abuse types; (2) leading all aspects of and developing our internal Trust & Safety operations system for routing, critical issue, automated unsafe content detection, and policy enforcement.
You are a big-picture thinker and strategic leader who is detail and data-oriented. You’ll understand the user’s point of view and will be passionate about using your combined analytical, communication, and problem-solving acumen to improve our business.
The role will require working cross-functionally across Security, Product Abuse teams, Business Technology, Product, Design, Legal, and Ethics. To be successful in this role, you will be a collaborative leader with a track record of leading large-scale, strategic problems that require a concerted effort across a diverse group of senior partners. You can balance and communicate priorities across multiple business teams and coordinate and maintain a roadmap that impacts internal users and customers as our company continues to scale its customer base and product suite.
- Develop a product vision and strategy for the Product Safety function to ensure that all of our company’s products, customers, and end-users are protected. You will work closely with respective product leaders, designers, policy teams, key customers, and other partners to carry out this vision based on areas of highest risk.
- Build, scale, and oversee internal systems that run internal workflows from end to end, lead escalations, and automate product policy enforcement and public policy development.
- Create, monitor, and analyze abuse prevalence metrics ranging from content abuse to spam to product feature abuse across the platform. You will use this information to inform our policy teams and partner with other product teams to create proactive in-product solutions.
- Identify and recommend ways to improve the business, including the customer experience and operating efficiency.
- Maintain strong proven experience of the worlds of Trust & Safety, abuse, and risk, including new techniques and technologies available to fight abuse as well as the new tricks and trends of the abusers.
- Work with industry coalitions to explain our company’s dedication to platform safety and help identify areas for improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10-15 years proven experience in product management, Trust & Safety, or similar experience.
- Interest in solving Trust & Safety problems
- Demonstrated success leading initiatives and aligning organizations across multiple product lines and influencing the overall direction of a product or a company.‘
- Ability to translate product strategy for abuse mitigation into detailed requirements for prototypes and final product development by engineering teams.
- Familiarity with information security frameworks and compliance
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to represent and advocate complex business or technical concepts with senior leadership.
- Strong technical and analytical abilities to frame solutions using data, but with deep emotional intelligence for the user and great product instincts
- Ability to create new processes and iterate on existing workflows
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of external groups and individuals on sensitive issues, including those who are opponents or critics.