This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on November 9, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
craigslist seeks User Operations team members to:
- improve the CL experience for as many users as possible
- process email and phone support queues
- develop and maintain user “help” resources
- curate user feedback for technical staff
- moderate discussion forums
This position requires:
- 1-2 years of high volume user/customer support experience
- self-starters with a track record of hard work, adaptability, productivity
- the ability to juggle multiple tasks and shift focus often and with ease
- analytical, pattern recognition, and troubleshooting skills
- proven ability to effectively collaborate with others to achieve common goals
- skilled written and verbal communicators who value a diversity of perspectives
- sound judgment and impeccable discretion
Positive consideration will also be given for any of the following:
- experience addressing spam, scams, phishing, harassment, trust and safety, or related issues
- basic knowledge regarding MacOSX, web browsers, IP addresses, and related concepts
- demonstrated interest and ability to expand technical skills and knowledge
- scheduling flexibility (early morning, evening, weekend)
- an unusually philanthropic company mission and philosophy
- a small team (~50) of fun-loving, smart, interesting, idealistic people
- non-garden-variety tech challenges at billions-of-page-views-per-day
- a tech nirvana, free from VCs, MBAs, sales, marketing, biz dev, or pivoting
- big company stability and benefits — w/o the dysfunction and despair
- competitive market rates for you — free classifieds for humanity
Please note: Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Interviews are being conducted virtually. All craigslist staff are currently working from home.
To apply, please send a cover email highlighting your experience and interests as they relate to this position and paste your plain text resume into the body of the email with USER OPERATIONS in the subject line. No attachments please.