This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on September 5, 2023. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
We are looking for a Technical Program Manager of hosted content on Cloudflare’s Trust and Safety team. If you’re passionate about making the web safer, have extensive experience at a hosting provider or similar organization, are driven to execute at warp-speed, like solving problems yourself and enabling technical teams to be productive and move quickly, we’d love to talk.
In this role, you’ll plan requirements, identify risks, manage schedules, and communicate clearly with project stakeholders. You will coordinate closely with our engineering teams on tooling gaps and requirements. You’ll learn and grow alongside talented teammates who share your attention to detail and appetite for problem-solving. Passion for Trust & Safety and a track record of successfully managing the delivery of complete technical projects is a requirement.
- Develop and update the T&S policies, procedures, documentation, and training material for all products that have a hosted component.
- Flesh out system and tooling needs that are as yet unmet and write the business case to justify investing in new solutions.
- Anticipate management and transparency reporting data needs and work with policy managers and stakeholders to include these in requirements specifications.
- Make use of opportunities to boost team efficiencies, standardize workflows, and improve the structure and quality of data.
- Coordinate with the Trust & Safety Engineering team to advise on business and environmental changes, whether these be internal (e.g., new or improved Cloudflare features and products) or external (e.g., new regulatory requirements).
- Ensure that our systems comply with the company’s security and access policies, such as the use of access restrictions and audit trails.
- Shepherd the user acceptance testing of systems and tools prior to deployment.
- Track and resolve open system issues in a timely manner.
- Manage expectations and communicate the priorities, status, and progress of projects to stakeholders.
- Minimum 6 years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry.
- Has worked at a hosting provider before. You understand the important legal and Trust & Safety requirements of being a hosting provider.
- Extensive experience with the legal considerations related to hosted content (notice & takedown).
- We are looking for a critical thinker who thrives on solving challenges in partnership with teams across Cloudflare.
- You are comfortable with a degree of ambiguity and display high levels of bias for action and ownership.
- The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in a number of infrastructure technologies, web services architecture and security.
- You should be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities.
- This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
- Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
- Strong communication skills across technical and non-technical audiences.
- You understand DNS and how the Internet works.
- Have experience working closely with Public Policy and Legal teams.
- Have experience working on Transparency Reports.
- Familiarity with Intermediary liability as it relates to copyright and trademark issues.
Please note: This job description is intended to provide a general overview of the role and may be modified as necessary to align with the company’s evolving needs.