This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on August 17, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Join us! The GoFundMe team is searching for our next Trust & Safety Specialist to join our Safety team.
- Provide high-quality email and occasional phone support to customers and other stakeholders to ensure fundraiser authenticity and safe delivery of funds for beneficiaries. Specialists spend 3-4 hours in email support each day.
- Proactively vet fundraisers and interpret fundraiser content in accordance with the GoFundMe Terms of Service, in addition to staying up-to-date on the latest trends and assisting with evaluating policy. Specialists spend 2-3 hours in various review tools each day.
- Professional development. Specialists have 1-2 hours of project time each day to work on initiatives that push the team and their careers forward.
- Work with Compliance, Payment Risk, Legal, payment processor risk teams, and others to ensure fundraisers on GoFundMe are legitimate and donations are delivered to the correct parties.
- Field questions and vet fundraisers for the go-to-market and Communications team, collaboratively work with all of Trust & Safety, Communications, Marketing, and Customer Operations teams on a regular basis and in emergencies, and become an expert in quickly resolving complicated issues through email, phone, and messaging software.
- Identify trends, handle escalations, and ensure safe delivery of funds for beneficiaries.
- Develop a deep understanding of trust-related issues and willingness to experiment with bold, novel solutions.
- Consistently improve and enhance our internal processes and systems.
- Interpret data, analyze results, and create risk models, and bring that perspective to the team.
- Provide invaluable security feedback to our Product Team to build Trust & Safety into the GoFundMe platform.
- Exemplify T&S core values (Protect Altruism, Agreement in Action, Find a Solution Together) and embody company and team culture
- Are a consistent high-performer
- Are an effective problem solver: spots issues or efficiency gains and brings solutions forward
- Exude strong leadership skills
- Will support and implement efforts to connect with Dublin team
- Display natural ability to “think big” and take initiative
- Understand and help guide the vision of the company and team
- See every interaction as a chance to build rapport and strengthen the public perception of GoFundMe
- Are comfortable engaging with government officials and industry leaders
Why you’ll love it here…
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!