This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on December 19, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Anchor builds investment tools for the next generation of traders. Our mobile application enables cryptocurrency trading in a unified experience. We are based in San Francisco, CA but proud to be hiring remote Trust & Safety Specialists between continental US timezones. We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors including Y Combinator.
About the role:
As a successful Trust & Safety Specialist, you apply a keen eye for detail, natural curiosity, and existing knowledge of relevant topics such as KYC, fraud investigation, and risk analysis to assist with operational tasks on a daily basis while simultaneously identifying opportunities for improvement. You are enthusiastic about learning new things – including keeping up with industry trends – and proactively sharing your findings with others. You value teamwork and collaboration. You exercise your expertise in risk and compliance topics to improve Anchor operations.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Investigate and disposition incoming alerts and cases via multiple channels including customer onboarding, KYC, deposit activity, and transaction monitoring
- Respond with empathy and expertise to incoming sensitive customer communications related to fraud, risk, and verifications topics
- Write and maintain both internal and customer-facing documentation and processes to improve efficacy and efficiency
- Use subject matter expertise to identify root causes of repeat issues and offer innovative solutions
- Be willing to adapt the role according to evolving needs, company scale, and product changes
Our ideal candidate has:
- 2+ years of related experience with a financial services institution or related industry conducting customer due diligence according to BSA/AML/KYC frameworks
- High proficiency with case management, verification, and transaction monitoring software, with particular emphasis on KYC onboarding and transaction monitoring
- Natural curiosity, keen observation, and sleuthing prowess
- Comfort with ambiguity and a penchant for proactivity
- Clear, concise, and effective written and verbal skills in English
- Experience with modern collaboration tools such as Google Workspace
Preferred, but not required qualifications include:
- Professional experience working with digital currencies
- AML/BSA certifications (e.g. CAMS)