Website zepeto_official Zepeto
This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on March 7, 2023. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
ZEPETO’s mission is to provide a safe, enjoyable, and inclusive space for our users to create beyond the boundaries of the physical world, build diverse communities, and freely express their identity with dignity.
The Policy and Partnership team is responsible for developing and managing ZEPETO’s Community and Studio Content Guidelines, safety partnerships, and internal and external safety-related communications. Our team is looking for someone who cares deeply about digital safety and is passionate about educating and empowering the next generation to engage responsibly online.
Intern candidates should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and have strong communication skills. Ideal candidates will understand how to incorporate different writing styles and tones for various audiences and have experience in UX copywriting, social content creation, or community management.
The intern’s main responsibilities will include managing ZEPETO’s official safety avatar, Soteria’s, in-app account to create content and boost engagement within the community; researching and monitoring key policy concerns around relevant online safety topics; and developing messaging for safety-related UX features.
All interns are required to participate in a capstone project. Using knowledge obtained from their educational background, previous professional experiences, and learnings from the internship, interns will create a capstone project on their chosen topic and present it to internal stakeholders at the end of their term.
In this role, you will:
- Develop a deep understanding of the ZEPETO community, policies, and products to communicate effectively with broad audiences, including our younger users.
- Monitor and research platform policy issues and trends.
- Identify opportunities to engage with ZEPETO users across key app features (e.g. Worlds, Feed) as the Soteria avatar to educate users on safety tips and encourage kind, safe, and responsible use of ZEPETO.
- Create, post, and manage content from ZEPETO’s official safety icon Soteria’s in-app account.
- Draft press releases and blog posts on key trust and safety projects and initiatives.
- Support UX writing for safety features and alerts.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in communications, public policy, international relations, business or marketing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Candidates invited for interviews will be asked to provide a writing sample(s).
- Passionate about issues at the intersection of technology, human rights, user expression, and user safety.
- Ability to operate independently (We will provide guidance and you won’t be left alone!)
- Deep empathy for users.
- Comfortable reviewing and dealing with sensitive content.
- Bilingual in English and at least one other language (e.g., Korean) is a PLUS.
- Experience working cross-functionally with stakeholders across multiple regions is a PLUS.
- Experience managing social media accounts/online presence in organizational settings is a PLUS .
We are disclosing the compensation for this role in compliance with local law. This range is an estimate and subject to change based on factors such as employer/market condition, evaluation metrics, hire date, and the specialty of the role.
Pay Range: $15 – $20/hour for up to 30 hours per week