This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on November 11, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the position
We are looking for a Manager of Cloudflare’s Trust and Safety Legal Support team. In this role, you will manage a team of investigators who triage sensitive and escalated law enforcement requests, legal requests, court orders and subpoenas, sanctions reviews, and Trust and Safety issues that affect our customers.
What you’ll do
- Help build a world class globally-distributed team.
- Build processes and policies to permit efficient and compliant handling of legal requests.
- Provide leadership, guidance and career development to a team of Legal Operations investigators.
- Be responsible for managing operations seamlessly and timely Service-Level Agreement (SLA) delivery along with maintaining high levels of stakeholder satisfaction.
- Influence product teams to build and improve tools to drive improvements and increase efficiencies.
- Partner with the Policy, Legal, and the Product teams to ensure our policies and guidelines can be enforced in a scalable fashion.
- Deal with sensitive content and emotionally charged escalations with tact and a calm demeanor.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- 8+ years experience in a Trust & Safety or customer support role at an Internet service provider or hosting provider processing abuse reports and time sensitive escalations.
- 4+ years experience managing a team effectively with a strong desire to help others learn and grow.
- 2 + years experience managing a largely remote team.
- Experience working with law enforcement and legal requests for customer information.
- Experience in assessing, analyzing and resolving issues, and distilling into communication.
- Experience with analytics and experience solving problems using data and providing practical business insights.
- Strong communication skills across technical and non-technical audiences
- You understand DNS and how the Internet works.
- Experience with the legal considerations related to hosted material (notice & takedown).
- Familiarity with DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act), copyright, and trademark issues.
- Experience in sanctions review and compliance.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.