This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on January 12, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
We are seeking an experienced and creative Trust & Safety Lead to develop the vision and strategy for safe-by-default social sharing features within Pocket. Your work will be critical to the success and growth of the platform and a model across Mozilla more broadly
As Trust & Safety Lead, you will serve as a key stakeholder in keeping our users safe as we build new sharing features within the platform. You’ll develop the vision and strategy for harms detection and content moderation in ways that balance user safety with protection of speech and user agency, and work with teams across the organization to implement policies, technologies, and tooling that support and protect our users.
Whether it’s understanding and navigating global legal frameworks, setting guidelines for community behavior, or helping to define the next generation of safety tools, the Trust & Safety Lead will be at the forefront of building exciting new features in the Pocket experience, all the while contributing to Mozilla’s mission of being a trusted guide through the joyful internet.
What you’ll do
- Work with teams including legal, policy, content, product management, and engineering to identify trust, safety, and regulatory risks of Pocket products, and develop innovative ways to mitigate these risks and combat harmful content;
- Develop transparent user conduct and content policies — and internal content moderation guidelines — on a range of sensitive topics, which may include abuse, harassment, dis/misinformation, youth and community safety, and other issues;
- Build alignment for safety policies across product teams and leadership/executive teams;
- Partner with product and engineering teams on designing, and building front-end and back-end safety solutions, e.g. automated harms detection and remediation, as well as user reporting features;
- Build a team of trust & safety risk assessment, policy, and operations professionals, in addition to product managers and engineering as the business scales;
- Act as a thought leader for complex policy issues related to sharing features and provide guidance to team members in developing and evolving policy and enforcement approaches.
What you already have
- 5+ years of relevant experience (including 2+ years of team management);
- Demonstrated track record of developing and implementing trust and safety product solutions, content moderation strategies, trust and safety policies, and/or enforcement approaches;
- Sophisticated understanding of global regulatory frameworks relating to content trust and safety;
- Experience prioritizing collective success while supporting individuals through direct mentoring and coaching, setting clear expectations, and cultivating unique strengths;
- Ability to work cross-functionally and think strategically, and a dedication to the mission of keeping users safe online;
- Excellent analytical skills, including using data to drive strategy and business outcomes.