This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on June 1, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
We’re Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there’s an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Role:
Trust & Safety is Cruise’s team of customer trust experts that ensure our rider platform is safe and welcoming. We work closely with teams across Cruise to identify potential risks to customer safety and experience, craft policies to protect, and operationalize response plans.
As a Trust & Safety Data and Detection Specialist, you will use data analysis, excellent problem solving skills, operational insights, and policy compliance metrics to protect Cruise customers and our communities.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and implement data pipelines, dashboards, and strategies to measure and enforce trust and safety policies at scale.
- Quantify risks within our ride-hail operations and identify emerging threats to enable immediate issue escalation and fast resolution.
- Build and implement Trust & Safety performance metrics to proactively flag risks related to abuse or policy enforcement, and evaluate the operational response.
- Analyze escalation events and ensure they are triaged, categorized, tracked, investigated, and resolved to the fullest extent.
- Understand and analyze key data, including but not limited to, the drivers and intention of abuse, inbound channels for risks to occur, and gaps in enforcement, in order to implement solutions at scale.
- Deliver key milestones on the Trust & Safety roadmap, including measured progress, and present on such results to key cross-functional stakeholders.
What you must have:
- 4+ years of analytical work experience related to Trust & Safety data and detection.
- Bachelor’s degree in data science, computer science, engineering, statistics, or other technical background.
- Highly proficient with building data pipelines and analysis with SQL and business intelligence tools like Looker, Tableau, and BigQuery.
- Experience aligning diverse sets of stakeholders to drive decision making around policy implementation and enforcement.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment.
- Experience working in a high-growth, technology or transportation focused industry.
- Passion for autonomous vehicles and what they will enable in the world
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.