This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on January 30, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
About the Role
We’re looking for a creative communicator who is passionate about community health & safety and has a track record of telling compelling and complex stories to lead our Trust and Safety communications. You will be responsible for developing key messaging and narratives, and identifying storytelling opportunities to build awareness of Twitch’s policies, products and milestones to many different audiences, including our community and press.
You’ll work closely with several teams internally, including marketing, policy, product, safety operations and our global communications team (of which you will be a part) to develop strategic and creative plans to launch new policies and products, communicate updates, and keep our community informed on our safety efforts. You’ll assist in responding to safety-related inquiries, handle crises and issues as they emerge, and become deeply ingrained in the Twitch community to develop integrated campaigns that educate and build advocacy.
The ideal candidate is a storyteller with experience working on social or interactive services. You are thoughtful and proactive, and can distill complex concepts into easily understood language. You have the ability to spot issues before they happen, can quickly and easily build trusted relationships with senior stakeholders, think and work cross-functionally, and thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment. Most importantly, you are enthusiastic about the Twitch community and are eager to tell our safety story.
This position reports to the Head of Communications for the Americas and can be located anywhere in the United States.
- Develop and amplify safety narratives and communications around important products, policies, and milestones
- Identify opportunities to engage streamers and viewers through creative programming to build an understanding of Twitch’s safety work
- Establish a deep understanding of Twitch’s community, policies, and products, and tell stories that translate those concepts to broad audiences
- Engage with important media and other important external partners to provide an understanding of our work
- Create the foundational materials needed to deliver compelling, consistent narratives
- Help manage company responses for crisis and emerging issues, working across Twitch to create messaging and respond quickly and effectively
- 6+ years of public relations experience in-house or at an agency
- Experience with Trust & Safety or Policy, as well as crisis comms
- Established relationships with a broad range of U.S. tech and business media
- Ability to work globally and cross-functionally, with sound business judgment in fast-paced and ambiguous situations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and comfort being a company spokesperson
- Enthusiasm for Twitch and our community
- Experience at a high-growth technology company
To apply for this job please visit www.twitch.tv.