This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on February 27, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. As a member of the AWS Customer Service team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of customers that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications.
AWS Trust and Safety Team
Our Trust and Safety Team focuses on scenarios where AWS hosted resources negatively impact third parties on the Internet and eliminating a wide a range of online risk for Simple Email Services. The team is key in maintaining the reputation of AWS’s IP Space and email deliverability. The team vets potential abuse issues and contacts AWS customers in order to put a stop to these harmful acts. The Trust and Safety Team acts as the first line of defense for AWS by analyzing trends and reporting findings to AWS service teams as needed. AWS Customers may experience abuse or attacks on their resources for several reasons including incorrect use of security protocols and/or tools. The team devotes their time and attention to helping identify impactful customer scenarios such as these. They classify incoming reports of abuse while exercising sound judgment in the decisions they make. Team members display strong technical skills while providing complex AWS account support to our customers and other AWS teams. The team works to create trust and maintain customer loyalty by going above and beyond the customer’s expectations to ensure Amazon Web Services remains the most customer centric company on Earth!
As an AWS Trust and Safety Team Manager, you are responsible for ensuring that front line Technical Customer Service Associates (TCSAs) are set up for success. You will be responsible for ensuring standards for productivity and quality are achieved. You will set the direction and culture of your team by managing individual and team performance expectations and goals, providing individual coaching feedback sessions, and frequent one-on-ones that focus on improving customer satisfaction, monitoring real time service levels and schedule adherence, and serving as a leader and point of contact for escalated contact resolution of a supervisory or sensitive nature. You will work with exceptionally driven, customer focused Associates and Premium Support Engineers. You will act as a Cloud Computing evangelist in the leading edge of this growing industry.
In addition, your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
· Leading a team of approximately 8-12 associates; responsible for overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the team.
· Identifying and eliminating barriers to accuracy, productivity, and quality
· Organizes, prioritizes and schedules work assignments to meet business need.
· Manages workforce, develops and maintains staff scheduling and capacity planning.
· Carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Amazon’s policies and procedures; additional responsibilities include planning, assigning and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; and effective conflict resolution.
· Communicating policies to associates and become the primary information source for staff; following-up to ensure compliance and consistency; taking corrective action as necessary and documenting the issue and actions taken.
· Can adapt well and lead team in an environment through changes in circumstances, direction, and strategy.
Project and Operations Management
· Owning escalated customer contacts and leading the effort to satisfactorily resolution
· Performing deep dive analysis on selected customer contacts to gather lessons learned, then use that information to update internal reference materials and processes
· Providing prompt, efficient, detailed, customer-oriented service to AWS customers
· Working with other customer support teams to ensure a consistent and high-quality level of support
· Driving projects that improve support-related processes
· Working with customers to understand how they use AWS services, and providing valuable feedback to business and development teams
· Acting as an advocate for our customer, reporting and acting on observed areas for improvement
· Actively seeking solutions to customer needs, communicating trends to leadership, and suggesting innovative solutions on behalf of the customer experience
· Assisting with customer communication during AWS critical launches and support events
· Assuming responsibility for developing detailed knowledge about specific product lines and features
· Making sure internal knowledge reference pages are updated
· Perform ambiguous tasks without guidance and support and have the ability to suggest actions without having all the information.
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· 2+ year’s previous leadership experience in a supervisor or manager type role, preferably in contact center operations.
· Demonstrated history of progressive performance management of a team of 8-10 employees.
· Proven experience with Web Technologies and the Internet (preferably website hosting or building)
· 1+ year experience in a fast paced Customer Contact Center or IT Help Desk environment working within trouble ticketing/tracking systems.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred in fields such as Computer Science, Science, IT Management.
· Project management experience
· Experience with AWS technologies
· Demonstrated history of improving customer experience / contact interaction through feedback.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.