This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on November 14, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for non-fungible tokens
, or NFTs, which are digital goods endowed with property rights. Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain. NFTs have brand new properties
that go beyond traditional digital items: they’re unique, provably scarce, liquid, and usable across multiple applications. At OpenSea, we’re excited about building a brand new economy from the ground up based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator’s #27
ranked top private company.
When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work. We also know how critical it is to celebrate and support our differences. Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
At OpenSea we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. We’re looking for thoughtful and resilient OpenSeatizens with quick decision-making skills to help us make OpenSea feel safe and welcoming. If you have experience in intellectual property concepts, and deep-dive investigations into abusive content, and bad actors, we want to hear from you! This team will be on the front lines working with our users every day and will partner with our Product team to improve the user experience.
– Maintain and promote a vibrant community culture.
– Contribute ideas and effort to our brand, content, and community strategies.
– Preemptively protect buyers from fakes and responding to reports.
– Conduct objective, fair, thorough, evidence based, unbiased, and timely investigations into reported content.
– Audit new projects and accounts applying for more visibility on OpenSea.
– Review escalated content and assess for policy compliance quickly and effectively
– Collaborate with cross-functional teams across Legal, Engineering, and CX teams to resolve escalations.
– Experience with content moderation, content policy, or quality review
– Basic understanding of intellectual property concepts including the fundamentals of copyright, trademark, and right of publicity issues, plus an ability and willingness to learn on the job
– Comfort with semi-technical tasks like using an admin panel and running scripts from the command line or willingness to learn how to do them.
– Familiarity with blockchain and NFTs
– Phenomenal decision-making skills and eye for detail
– Highly flexible and adaptable to meet the evolving needs of a high-growth, fast paced organization.
– Understanding of and passion for decentralized technology.
– Strong work ethic, hustle, communication, writing ability, and business development sensibility.
– Deep curiosity, relentless resourcefulness, and a growth mindset.
– Strong critical and contextual thinking skills with a bias towards thoughtful action in ambiguous situations
– Willingness to learn complex policies quickly with curiosity and openness
– Availability to work weekend days, holidays, and on-call/after-hours coverage on a rotational basis