This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on January 4, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
We seek an expert User Experience Researcher to advance our knowledge and understanding of online harms and user reporting best practices to create a playbook of user reporting options, player-facing messaging, and ways for game and product teams to integrate these into our products.
This is a 1-year contract position, and the work should be performed based on service agreement and SOW. Niantic will not offer the Contractor direct employment contract, salary, benefits, equities, or any compensation associated with employment.
- Collaborate closely with Niantic’s Trust and Safety and UX teams and their cross-functional partners to better understand Niantic’s game and product landscape, user bases and their needs, by applying a mix of qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Apply appropriate analysis methods to turn the data captured into meaningful and concrete insights/recommendations for the team.
- Keep up with UX-related standards, research methods, trends, and tools.
- 2+ years of UX Research, Human-Computer Interaction, Human-Centered Design, applied research, and/or product development and research.
- 2+ years of industry experience in Integrity or Trust and safety.
- Clear understanding of content moderation principles and exposure to trust and safety user experience in one or more of the following industries: social media, gaming, mobile gaming, AR gaming, location-based games, and products.
- Experience conducting studies using a range of techniques, including but not limited to interviews, focus groups, usability studies, and diary studies.
- Proficiency in conveying findings from user research to cross-functional partners
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced and evolving team.