This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on April 23, 2023. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Shipt is searching for an experienced people and strategy leader to oversee our Trust & Safety Team. Reporting directly to the Director of Trust & Safety, they will be responsible for owning the development and active management of this mission-critical team.
As Manager of Trust & Safety, you will have an outsized impact on guiding strategy and execution for our Trust & Safety Team. You will bring empathy and ethical judgment in ensuring we are providing the highest standard of support to our members, shoppers, and retail partners. You will share in the management of high severity escalations and work closely with Trust & Safety leadership, PR, and Legal to ensure the best outcome.
Your experience in people leadership, Trust & Safety, process improvement, collaboration, and case management will have a foundational impact on removing barriers and better serving our community. The role will require you to have the ability to concentrate on the nitty gritty details while also communicating a high level narrative to leadership and stakeholders. We will need a self-starter with a can-do attitude who isn’t afraid to roll their sleeves up, can work in a rapidly changing industry, tolerate ambiguity and demonstrate problem-solving leadership with limited oversight.
The ideal candidate has some technical prowess and a passion for data driven insights to help them make informed decisions that improve our valued community.
- Lead Shipt’s Trust and Safety Team and guide strategic vision and tactical operations
- Share in the management of incident escalations and work closely with leadership, PR, Legal, and others on crisis management and response
- Guide workforce management efforts and standardization to allow continued growth and scalability of the team
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the team to ensure we are adequately staffed and are within SLA for all of our work streams
- Build the best team. Hire, grow and coach our specialists and supervisors
- Stay current on events and trends to identify potential risks and propose solutions and evolutions of our work before they become a problem
- Advocate for safety on the platform. Identify opportunities to better mitigate risk and increase trust
- Define objectives and key results that align with strategic vision. Gain buy-in, track results, and update progress to key stakeholders
- Leverage data to make decisions that will move our safety vision forward
Given the multi-faceted nature of the function, the ideal candidate has a broad understanding of Trust & Safety across numerous vectors and can apply direct experience combined with a high level of business acumen to ensure that the Shipt platform operates with the highest level of integrity for our customers, shoppers, and retail partners. Additionally, the ideal candidate possesses excellent time-management skills, the ability to communicate and present information effectively to stakeholders at all levels, a deep-seeded passion for continuous improvement & scalable product/process solutions, and a strong people management background.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in a relevant business related field) or work equivalent experience
- 3 + years relevant experience in any of the following: crisis response, dispute mitigation, emergency response management, e-commerce customer service experience (with a focus in risk management or Trust & Safety)
- 2+ years of relevant management experience including experience managing people leaders.
- Prior experience in an on-demand company a plus!
- Proven experience effectively managing multiple KPI’s, projects, and initiatives in a rapidly changing environment
- Salesforce experience a plus!
- Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to synthesize complex topics and create compelling narratives for various audiences
- Excellent team building skills and desire to help others learn and grow
- High level of accountability and ownership — driven and focused self-starter
- Anchors on data — proficient in pulling/synthesizing data and identifying trends, causation, correlation, etc
- Strong cross-functional partner — effectively collaborate with various business leaders, subject matter experts, and decision makers to develop data-driven policies, products, and models to improve performance across all facets of Trust & Safety
- Passion for improving the Shipt user experience with a focus on Trust & Safety
- Open to being available for on-call purposes (some weekend / evening escalation handling)
To apply for this job please visit shipt.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.