This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on February 27, 2023. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Our Trust & Safety team’s commitment is to keep our online community safe. We have invested heavily in human and machine-based moderation to remove harmful content quickly and often before it reaches our general community. The ideal candidate will have an analytical background, and be able to use data mining and quantitative analysis to make data-driven decisions. It is important that the candidate is a self starter, adaptable, creative, action oriented and is focussed on results. This role will have the opportunity to identify and mitigate some of the most challenging, complex risks and inform detection, analysis and mitigation strategy affecting millions of users.
What will I be doing?
– Proactively hunt for currently undetected abuse by leveraging data, and intelligence
– Research how threats show up within the ecosystem and deeply understand how abuse manifests.
– Discover emerging threats and trends often with an emphasis on geo-political, cultural or societal specific differences.
– Identify effective strategies to prevent or disrupt abuse at scale. Consult on the design of countermeasures to effect those strategies.
– Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Political Science, Social Science or from a CompSci or Statistics background with proven ability to apply scientific methods to ambiguous problems
– Demonstrable professional experience in analytical roles with a focus on analyzing misinformation OR alternatively post-graduate level research in this field.
– Knowledge of global events (e.g., political, economic, and cultural drivers of global conflicts) and how social media impacts contentious global issues
– Proficiency in using SQL and/or Python for data analysis.
– Familiarity with utilizing Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) in investigations
– Regional expertise in any of TikTok’s core markets
– Experience using network/link analysis software.
To apply for this job please visit careers.tiktok.com.