This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on August 19, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
The Trust & Safety team at TikTok helps ensure that our global community is safe and empowered to create and enjoy content across all of our applications. We are seeking an experienced threat analyst with subject matter expertise in minor safety, predatory behavior, and/or minor engagement with social media to support our Minor Safety (MS) issue vertical. The work of the Hunt Team is critical for both proactive and reactive detection and assessment of threats. Using subject-matter expertise and technical skills, a Hunt analyst will have the opportunity to identify and mitigate the most harmful threats targeting the platform and our users.
What will I be doing?
– Work cross-functionally with product managers, program managers, operations, policy, and communications teams; to find gaps in current threat response processes such as detection and mitigation
– Sit on a team of experts that not only respond to known bad actors, but proactively search and identify potential threats in order to build scalable protections
– Identify deceptive or targeting behavior of threat actors and collect signals in order to collaborate with data analysts and engineers to improve detection models and develop data driven mitigation strategies
– Actively strengthen intelligence gathering, and investigation SOPs
– Review trends and data to determine whether further investigation and/or stakeholder collaboration is required
– Think with scale and impact in mind to remove badness using tools and available data
– Proactively search for undetected abuse by leveraging internal data, open-source intelligence and third party private intelligence
– Identify abuse trends and patterns to inform strategies to improve KPI’s and metrics including assessment of suspicious activity.
– Use learnings and data to influence other Safety teams in Product, Policy, and Algorithm to make necessary improvements to improve the overall ecosystem.
– Bachelor’s degree in child psychology psychology, criminal justice, cybersecurity, or other relevant field
– Regional expertise in the United States and Canada, as well as the impact of market content in other regions.
– 5+ years of experience in Threat Analysis on Trust and Safety, Product Development, Integrity, or Cyber Security teams, with at least 3+ years of experience in a desired threat area
– Ability to perform specific queries in SQL, Python or similar scripting languages.
-Statistical analysis skills (multivariate analysis of variance, correlation/regression, etc.)
– Experience investigating and analyzing threats specific to minors, to include harmful trends, predatory behavior, CSAM, grooming, etc.
– An understanding of online deceptive and manipulative behavior. Proven knowledge of the signals of specific threat actors, their cross-platform tactics, and how they evolve or change over time.
– Link / Network analysis
– Published works regarding social media use by violent extremists, malign actors, those exploiting children, or criminal actors – Strong preference for functionality in a second language besides English
– Critical thinking skills – able to apply theorems or analytical techniques to discover insights that are not readily apparent
– Excellent writing Abilities
– Ability to work with little oversight, take initiative
– Ability to rapidly shift priorities based on evolving challenges to the platform Identify anomalous behavior and determine ways for further exploring new research leads
– Communicate coherently, and crisply to incident response teams and senior leadership
– Ability to communicate complex concepts to broader stakeholders without shared subject expertise
– Ability to work across time zones with global team members and stakeholders