This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on September 8, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo. This position is open to: Mountain View, Washington, DC, New York City, Austin, and Phoenix The Trust & Safety team at TikTok helps ensure that our global community is safe and empowered to create and enjoy content across all of our applications.
We are seeking an experienced threat analyst with subject matter expertise in misinformation, disinformation, conspiracy, impersonation, deepfakes, election integrity, and feature abuse to support our Integrity & Authenticity (I&A) issue vertical.
The work of the Hunt Team is critical for both proactive and reactive detection and assessment of threats. Using subject-matter expertise and technical skills, a Hunt analyst will have the opportunity to identify and mitigate the most harmful threats targeting the platform and our users.
– Work cross-functionally with product managers, program managers, operations, policy, and communications teams; to find gaps in current threat response processes such as detection and mitigation.
– Sit on a team of experts that not only respond to known bad actors, but proactively search and identify potential threats in order to build scalable detection and enforcement protections
– Identify deceptive behavior of threat actors and collect signals in order to collaborate with data analysts and engineers to improve detection models and develop data driven mitigation strategies.
– Actively strengthen intelligence gathering, and investigation SOPs.
– Bachelor’s degree in Homeland Security, Mathematics, Journalism, Political Science, Cybersecurity, or other relevant field
– Regional expertise in the United States and Canada, as well as the impact of market content in other regions
– 5+ years of experience in Threat Analysis for Trust and Safety or Cyber Security teams, with at least 3+ years of experience analyzing misinformation/disinformation, deep-fakes, conspiracy theories, and/or impersonation
– Ability to perform specific queries in SQL, Python or similar scripting languages.
-Statistical analysis skills (multivariate analysis of variance, correlation/regression, etc.)
– Experience investigating high harm threat actors across global markets
– An understanding of online deceptive and manipulative behavior. Proven knowledge of the signals of specific threat actors, their cross-platform tactics, and how they evolve or change over time
– Strong preference for functionality in a second language besides English
– Critical thinking skills – able to apply theorems or analytical techniques to discover insights that are not readily apparent
– Link / Network analysis
– Excellent writing Abilities
– Ability to work with little oversight, take initiative
– Ability to rapidly shift priorities based on evolving challenges to the platform Identify anomalous behavior and determine ways for further exploring new research leads
– Communicate coherently, and crisply to incident response teams and senior leadership
– Ability to communicate complex concepts to broader stakeholders without shared subject expertise
– Ability to work across time zones with global team members and stakeholders
To apply for this job please visit careers.tiktok.com.