Website Technology Coalition
This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on February 4, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
The Technology Coalition facilitates the global tech industry’s fight against the online sexual abuse and exploitation of children. Founded in 2006, the Coalition is an alliance of technology companies of varying sizes and sectors that work together to drive critical advances in technology and adoption of best practices for keeping children safe online. We convene and align the global tech industry, pooling their knowledge and expertise, to help all our members better prevent, detect, report, and remove online child sexual abuse content. This coalition represents a powerful core of expertise that is moving the tech industry towards a digital world where children are free to play, learn, and explore without fear of harm.
Technology Coalition Employee Core Values
The Technology Coalition strives to ensure that each member of our team feels welcomed and valued. At the heart of this are four core values we expect all team members exemplify. We are:
- Committed to one another and to the work. We dig in and get it done. We own the whole mission. We help and support one another and are accountable for our actions and results.
- Capable of purposeful and thoughtful leadership. We are resourceful, well-prepared, organized, and responsible. We are well-informed and we execute with excellence.
- Creative in our approach to our mission. We are thoughtful, agile, and innovative. We seek out new and better ways forward. We bring new perspectives to solve old and new problems. We have lots of ideas.
- Kind humans. We are friendly, generous, helpful, and considerate.
The Technology Coalition is seeking a Technical Program Manager to support the Director of Programs in the delivery of the Coalition’s next generation of programs, products and services that will enhance the global tech industry’s efforts to eradicate online child sexual exploitation and abuse. The Technical Program Manager will manage technical and non-technical projects across multiple disciplines, ensure timely delivery of outcomes and key results, and support members and working groups of the Tech Coalition in various program initiatives.
- Support the execution of the Coalition’s programs strategy that measurably increases the Coalition’s cross industry impact.
- Manage program initiatives and support the Coalition’s working groups in areas such as tech innovation, technology adoption, development of member resources, and transparency and accountability.
- Manage requirements, write specifications and user stories, and manage software development teams, working groups, and partners in execution of technology programs.
- Drive roadmap processes and prioritization across technical and non-technical projects.
- Develop tools and processes to improve programs and product productivity.
- Communicate schedules, priorities, and status to members and stakeholders
- Manage projects as needed in other initiatives.
- Contribute to a fast-moving, results-driven culture that also prioritizes continuous learning.
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in technical program management in tech, nonprofit or related industry;
- Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional specifications and user stories, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule and deploy new features and products;
- Experience using Agile, SCRUM, and/or Lean Startup methodologies;
- Experience with tools such as Jira, Confluence, Github, and other tech project management programs;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and professionally in technical setting;
- Great project management skills, including time management, goal-setting, multitasking and prioritization;
- Good data analysis, problem-solving and critical thinking skills; and
- Must be collaborative and nimble, with the ability to thrive as part of a small team.
Location: Fully remote with option to office in Washington, D.C. area
Travel: Travel required as circumstances permit
To apply for this job please visit www.technologycoalition.org.