This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on January 5, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
As Trust & Safety Platform our primary goal is to ensure Pinterest remains a safe and inspiring part of each user’s day. We have a strong team of curious, collaborative and innovative engineers, and are looking for a Tech Lead to own the continuing growth of our technical culture. You’ll have some of the best partners you can ask for, including a manager and product manager who proactively invest in tech debt and team quality of life, a team that cares about the intersection of user experience, technical quality and business strategy, and strong senior engineering peers.
What you’ll do:
- Identify, prioritize, and resolve the biggest problems preventing quick and comprehensive response to unsafe and spammy content
- Design, build and maintain online services and offline workflows to flexibly filter unsafe content and spam from Pinterest’s user experiences in a context-aware way
- Help us continuously improve an already-strong team culture: technical quality, operations, and how we work together
- Use and receive hands-on mentorship in team leadership skills like prioritization, leading team execution, OKR setting, program management and (if desired) people management
- Contribute to the operation of our team’s services, including periodic on-call
What we’re looking for:
- 6+ years of industry experience as a software engineer, at least 3 of which is in building and operating online services and/or asynchronous workflows
- Interest or experience in Trust or Safety areas (mitigating unsafe or prohibited content, addressing misinformation trends, fighting spam and other adversarial attacks and more)
- Experience identifying projects your team should be working on and driving them through to official prioritization
- Effective communication of complex technical issues to a cross-team and cross-functional audience
- Strong desire to be a core contributor to the group that designs and builds the future of user safety at Pinterest
- You enjoy mentoring and learning from team members
- Self-awareness, and a strong desire to learn, play and grow
To apply for this job please visit www.pinterestcareers.com.