This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on September 7, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Discord is your place to talk. Whether you’re part of a school club, gaming group, worldwide art community, or just a handful of friends that want to spend time together, millions of people use Discord every day to find community, hang out, and talk.
At the heart of Discord’s communities is Safety. The Safety team at Discord ensures users find belonging by minimizing exposure to spam and other forms of platform abuse. We are excited to find others passionate about making sure Discord is a safe and welcoming place for our users and hope you can join us on this mission.
As a Self Harm Lead, you will have a meaningful understanding of the abuse space while leading a team of dedicated specialists and cross-functional partners. You will report directly to the Senior Director of Specialized Intelligence Operations.
What You’ll Do
- Protect and serve our communities by managing and scaling our Self Harm operations team
- Utilize deep subject matter expertise as well as quantitative and qualitative methods to identify gaps across teams, develop root cause analyses, and enact continuous improvements in response to changing circumstances
- Own sensitive initiatives from initial conception through implementation across multiple focus areas
- Work closely with Policy, Product, Engineering, and Trust & Safety teams in the development of operational policies, tools, and solutions
- Collaborate with external partners to represent the Trust & Safety organization
- Regularly communicate and present to leadership on key initiatives and metrics for your team
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years work experience building and leading teams, as well as experience in the self harm, at-risk youth, and/or online child safety space
- Strong people management skills––you’re passionate and knowledgeable when it comes to developing your direct reports, and are excited to grow a world-class organization
- Analytical backbone––you eagerly gather and present data for sound decision-making and the ongoing tracking of success metrics
- Proactive problem solving––you’re excited to find opportunities for improvement, and you’re motivated to lead initiatives from start to finish
- Excellent communication skills––whether to your team, company leaders, or external partners, you can efficiently and eloquently present ideas, updates and results with ease
- Strong stakeholder management skills––you know how to leverage the skills of multiple disparate teams, including improving processes you don’t directly own
- Comfort with ambiguity––in ever-changing situations, you approach initiatives with positivity and lead your team successfully through their completion
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.