Website Trust Lab
This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on December 20, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
At Trust Lab, we’re building a safer and healthier internet for all. We strive to empower vulnerable groups, users and platforms online. We do this by protecting them from misinformation, hate speech, and violence by developing cutting edge technical solutions at scale.
We’re looking for software engineers passionate about solving complex, world-changing problems end-to-end. You’ll be joining a highly experienced engineering team that moves quickly, uses the latest tools and infrastructure, and pushes the boundaries of computer science, data analytics and human computation.
If you’re excited about hacking the world’s largest online platforms closer to safety and developing on the forefront of tech for social good online, we’d love to talk. By deploying in cloud based infrastructures, using ML and large scale information retrieval, building multidimensional social graphs and open source tools, we’re making the internet a safer place.
Day in the life:
- Develop software solutions for social good by building systems and tools for the collection, storing, and classification of unsafe online content
- Work with interesting clients on new safety challenges across a variety of media types, from text to image to video
- Dream up, pilot, and productionize ways to detect harmful online entities on top of public cloud infrastructure using the latest open source technologies and cutting edge techniques
- Play a key role in meeting client requirements and making the world’s largest online platforms safer for users
- Collaborate across functional teams to implement technical solutions and monitor outcomes
- Jump in on a project aligned with your experience and preference (could include full stack, backend, frontend, ML, tools) and work closely with our larger global engineering team
What you bring: (These are guidelines NOT requirements. If you are close, please apply!)
- Passion for internet safety and impactful work (strong plus)
- Multiple years of full-time professional software development experience coding >70% of the time
- Ability to writing high-quality, well-tested code and code in a team environment
- Experience prototyping and putting new tools, systems, or classifiers into production
- Proven ability to scale technical systems, especially at early-stage startups
- Proficiency in Python and several of the following (a plus): SQL, GraphQL, AWS & GCP
Extras (great to have one or more of these):
- Experience coding large-scale distributed systems for data processing
- Experience with API design for framework security and system programming
- Experience in one or more of the following areas; Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Pattern Recognition, Data Mining, Graph Theory
- Familiarity or strong interest in the following technologies that our team uses: Neptune / Neo4j, Elasticsearch, Kubernetes, Flask, AWS Lambda, AWS SQS, AWS Cloudwatch, TensorFlow, PyTorch, AWS Sagemaker, BERT
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.