This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on January 23, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
About the Role
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Program Manager to lead the scaling of our Trust and Safety (T&S) team’s growth and operational execution. As the main point of contact for overall team planning, roadmapping, and budgeting, the Program Manager will play a critical role in ensuring the smooth running of the T&S team and effective communication both internally and cross-functionally.
The T&S team has grown rapidly in recent months. As a relatively new team, we need to establish scalable practices for many essential functions. The Program Manager will be responsible for creating the structure and process the team needs while being comfortable with the velocity and ambiguity of OpenAI as a whole.
This role is based in our San Francisco HQ. We offer relocation assistance to new employees.
In this role, you will:
- Manage the T&S roadmap and budget, ensuring they are accurate, comprehensive, and up to date.
- Communicate the roadmap and budget clearly and effectively to all relevant stakeholders.
- Prioritize feedback and requests from other parts of the company, such as product or engineering, to ensure alignment.
- Understand Applied AI’s roadmap for OpenAI products and hold teams accountable to execution and timelines.
- Create documentation and resources to help other teams within OpenAI better understand T&S issues.
- Help to manage hiring pipelines as a backup/accelerator to the hiring managers.
You might thrive in this role if you have:
- Proven experience as a Program Manager, with a track record of successfully scaling teams.
- Strong ability to create structure and process in a rapidly growing and evolving team.
- Proven experience in project and operational execution.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in the tech industry preferred.
- Interest and passion for AI safety