This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on September 25, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Reddit is a network of more than 100,000 communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies and passions. Reddit users submit, vote and comment on content, stories and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with more than 52 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
We are looking for a Staff Data Scientist to join our Safety Insights team, and lead strategic and product analytics for safety enforcement, signals and measurement. You will partner with the Safety Core product and engineering team, as well as Safety Enforcement teams (data science, threat analysis and operations) and User Research. You will 1) use data to inform strategic directions of automated detection and enforcement, safety signal development, and safety measurement; 2) operationalize and evolve Safety’s topline bad content exposure metric; and 3) provide guidance to the rest of the company on launch processes and guardrails related to safety.
The Safety Org is one of Reddit’s biggest divisions, and Safety Insights works across the entire org to provide qualitative (user research) and quantitative (data science) insights for product development, scaled abuse detection/mitigation, threat intelligence, and safety operations. We unravel hard problems that cut across safety domains, and guide product development to protect our users from bad experiences. In the Safety Insights team, we value asking who’s missing, surfacing the deeper questions, up-leveling our peers, and facilitating good conversations. Our job is tough, but the impact is huge.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We’re completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
What You Will Do:
- Identify actionable and impactful insights through metrics and analyses, in order to improve our enforcement systems and outcomes
- Partner with product, engineering, enforcement teams and user research to provide thought partnership, strategic influence and execution support
- Partner with product teams outside of the Safety Org to improve product safety and user experience through rigorous experimentation practices and metrics
- Be an end-to-end project owner from ideation to implementation and influence — whatever that’s needed to create impact and carry out our mission
Who You Might Be:
- 6+ years of data science and product analytics industry experience
- 2+ years of experience in safety measurement plus one or more other aspects of safety, such as threat detection, prevalence reduction (in a problem team or a surface team), user experience, etc.
- Proficiency with relational database (SQL), programming (Python or R), statistics, experimentation, and causal inference analyses
- Motivated and self-directed, demonstrated ability to innovate and bias toward action in fast-paced environments
- Ability to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to tackle ambiguous and undefined problems