This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on December 17, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Protego is a small, seed-stage startup in New York City. We’re backed by Thrive Capital, Sound Ventures, Neo, Elad Gil, Common Sense Growth, Scott Forstall and a group of world-class founders and operators from Meta, Stripe, Figma, Notion, Webflow, Dropbox, Retool, Opendoor, Peloton and more.
Protecting users from harm on the Internet is one of the most critical problems of our time, and we need bold, innovative solutions to address it. This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the future of the Internet. We hope you’ll join us.
Why we’re looking for you
We are looking for an engineer who wants to help build our core product suite and optimize it for use in a high-volume, low-latency, and high-availability production environment. With only one customer, we’re already processing >1 million API calls per day and have ingested >1 TB of data. Reliability and scalability are – and will continue to be – mission critical for Protego, and will heavily influence how we architect and build our products. We need an engineer who’s willing to not only own large features, but also drive our scaling efforts so we can deliver on our promise to protect billions of Internet users around the world.
- Design, build, and maintain core infrastructure that powers Protego’s platform
- Lead and define the scope, design, implementation, and deployment of robust distributed services, making appropriate tradeoffs between reliability, throughput, latency, resiliency, engineering velocity, and cost
- Architect and tech-lead the backend of core Protego features and APIs
- Participate in design and architecture reviews for new features, products, or pieces of infrastructure
- Help define and evolve our tech stack as we scale the product
- Help us hire a world-class team and mentor new team members
- Deep alignment with our mission of building a safer Internet
- 5+ years experience in backend engineering
- Experience architecting and building 0-1 services in a large-scale production setting
- Experience building containerized applications with Docker, Kubernetes, and Infrastructure as Code. Familiarity with AWS is a plus.
- Experience architecting and developing distributed systems
- An orientation towards impact — on your own projects, throughout Protego, and across the world
- A high standard, for yourself and others, when working with production systems
- Open communication skills — ask questions, assume good intentions, and default to transparency
- Rigor and empathy that help you thrive in a collaborative and high-performance environment