This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on November 3, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
AWS Trust & Safety (T&S) is a global team that helps protect against abusive use of AWS services while simultaneously working to build trust with AWS’s customers, partners, and other stakeholders. T&S engages with a variety of stakeholders to understand cloud infrastructure-related trust and safety issues, develop fit-for-purpose frameworks to assess and minimize risks for AWS’s customers, and develop guidelines and processes for responding to trust and safety issues. Our team members display a solid understanding of AWS’s cloud infrastructure, strong technical knowledge, and the ability to exercise sound judgment on complex and time-sensitive matters.
The Emerging Risks Program Manager will work with the leaders across Trust & Safety to identify, research and contextualize emerging risks in the cloud computing and online safety space. You will dive deep on understanding cloud infrastructure, combine that understanding with information about emerging abuse trends, and finally assess the impact of those trends on AWS, our customers and the work the Trust & Safety team does. You will help to lead T&S efforts to raise the bar on early abuse prevention and mitigation and your strategic thinking, analytical abilities, and stakeholder management skills will be put to practical use to ensure preparedness for risk incidents across T&S.
The ideal candidate will understand the role of trust and safety in cloud infrastructure, have experience developing trust and safety risk programs, be able to distill data and information from a variety of sources, assess emerging threats and external situations, and recommending areas of improvement. This is an inherently cross-functional role that requires close collaboration with T&S leadership, T&S Operations counterparts, AWS services, and cross-functional partners.
Key job responsibilities
- You will work with internal and external stakeholders to investigate and assess emerging issues and assess their impact to AWS
- You will develop risk rating matrices and heuristics to allow for consistent risk judgements across T&S
- Forecast threat and risk trajectories and provide timely analysis of emerging incidents
- Collaborate effectively with leadership and cross-functional partners to develop industry leading processes and standards.
- Identify patterns across disparate data sources (both qualitative and quantitative) and build cohesive arguments and analysis from them.
- Incorporate available data to look around corners and identify areas for opportunity with regard to potential escalated issues.
- Drive high-impact and highly cross-functional initiatives while simultaneously tracking a set of smaller projects.
- Demonstrated strong project management skills — driving goal setting and efficient performance.
This role is supporting cloud computing customers of Amazon, so the individual will have to demonstrate a technology affinity to be successful.
About the team
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will enable each team to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance: it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We offer flexibility and encourage you to find your own balance.
- 5+ years and subject matter expertise in trust and safety, threat/risk assessment, privacy, public policy, or legal with an emphasis on the technology industry.
- 4+ years demonstrated experience assessing high profile and emergent issues, preferably in the context of cloud infrastructure, cybersecurity, network security, or geopolitics as it relates to the internet.
- Proven stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to translate information, data, and insights into actionable recommendations
- Bachelor’s Degree. In lieu of a degree, additional years of hands-on experience may be substituted. Advanced degree a plus.
- Ability to work effectively under high pressure, with strong interpersonal and communication skills to engage with cross-functional teams and leadership.
- Previous experience working in trust and safety, investigations, compliance, or risk management
- Quantitative skills, data driven mindset, SQL or Excel skills a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfort with communicating with various stakeholders (both technical and non-technical)
- Ability to project manage with emphasis on prioritization and multitasking; ability to adapt to a fast moving environment.
- Sound business judgment; strategic, and analytical capabilities.
- Clear understanding of AWS cloud computing services/deployment architecture