This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on July 3, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb’s various functions embody the company’s innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
The Trust organization protects, guides, and mobilizes the creation of trust in our community and on our platform. We hire quality talent who embody our company values and hold a steadfast commitment to creating a world where anyone in the Airbnb community can host, travel, and connect with peace of mind.
In Community Policy, our mission is to create and evolve principled policies that establish the rules of the road for Guests and Hosts across Airbnb. This involves solving some of the most complex Trust & Safety challenges of our time. Our work is informed by rigorous research and stakeholder collaboration, and we design policies that can support our community at scale. We team with our cross-functional partners to create accessible policy enforcement guides and to continuously maintain and improve our policies.
- You are a seasoned Trust and Safety leader who thrives at managing and leading people and teams, and can inspire them to deliver their best work on the most important priorities
- You love solving complex problems and have a track record of strong cross-functional collaboration
- You are experienced working with business and product teams to understand their strategic objectives and to deliver policy solutions that enable business goals
- You are an adept communicator with experience presenting to and engaging with all levels of leadership, including senior executive audiences
- You are principled and rigorous, and incorporate diverse perspectives in pursuit of the best decisions and outcomes possible
- You are knowledgeable and experienced at creating and implementing policies and measuring their effectiveness, and have a deep background on and passion for business policy and quality standards
- You are a strong people leader, who creates clarity of purpose and inspires people to do their best work
- You are a team player who thrives in a fast-moving environment and brings a strategic mindset to your work and your engagements
How you’ll make an impact
As our global lead for Reliability policy, you will manage a team responsible for working across the business and with external stakeholders to continuously evaluate and improve our policies and to handle new issues as they arise. You will lead the way in creating our policies around areas such as Host standards and Guest Reliability Standards and will collaborate closely with our business, design, and product teams to design systems that help facilitate a high quality experience across Airbnb. You will partner closely on company launches to assess and deliver policy work in support of Airbnb’s growth. This role will serve as a key player in developing our global policy solutions and will have a direct impact on the peace of mind of millions of Airbnb community members around the world.
In this role you’ll get to
- Work as part of a global team to research and draft data-driven policies focused on the area of Reliability, Quality, and Business policies
- Guide policy operationalization efforts in partnership with cross-functional stakeholders
- Lead a team of policy managers who provide policy guidance for time-sensitive escalations, including from Operations and company leadership
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders across the business including but not limited to Hosting, Guest Experience, Operations, Public Policy, Legal, Product, Communications and Business Development
- Foster, build, and maintain relationships with leadership of internal business verticals
- Lead on Community Policy project prioritization in the Reliability area
- Support biannual launches with necessary policy deliverables
We are looking for people who have
- 10+ years experience in an Operations, Policy, Legal, or Trust and Safety role; prior leadership on commercial policy or quality issues
- 6+ years of people management experience
- A track record of strong leadership and people management
- Demonstrated capacity for critical thinking, research, and analysis; strong attention to detail
- Thoughtful business judgment, strategic thinking, and ability to work well under pressure
- Experience working in a matrix and driving solutions to complex problems through cross-functional collaboration
- Fluency in data analysis and leading data-driven decision-making
- Ability to explain and simplify complex information to others
- Experience working with and leading global teams; occasional global and regional travel required
- Experience working closely with operations teams, preferably in the Trust and Safety space
- Competence in spreadsheet software, SQL and other basic technical skills preferred
- Advanced degree