This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on July 11, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Discord is your place to talk. Whether you’re part of a school club, gaming group, worldwide art community, or just a handful of friends that want to spend time together, millions of people use Discord every day to find community, hang out, and talk.
At the heart of Discord’s communities is Safety. The Safety team at Discord ensures users find belonging by minimizing exposure to spam and other forms of platform abuse. We are excited to find others passionate about making sure Discord is a safe and welcoming place for our users and hope you can join us on this mission.
As a Specialized Program Leader, you will report directly to the Director of Trust and Safety and you will hone an understanding of all abuse areas for Safety Operations while evolving the ongoing structure and scale of our specialized teams.
What you’ll be doing
- Manage and scale our specialized safety teams focused on a variety of abuse verticals
- Use quantitative and qualitative methods to identify gaps across teams, develop root cause analyses, and enable continuous improvements in response to changing circumstances
- Oversee strategic projects from initial conception through implementation across multiple areas
- Work with Policy, Product, Engineering, and Trust & Safety teams in the development of operational policies, tools, and solutions; frequently collaborate with additional internal teams to manage expectations and drive consensus
- Communicate and present to senior leadership on the important metrics and progress of each specialized team
What you should have
- 5+ years work experience in building and leading large teams
- First-rate leadership skills––you’re passionate about developing and growing world-class organizations
- Analytical backbone––you eagerly gather and present data to inform decisions and the ongoing tracking of success metrics
- Strategic problem solving––you’re excited to find opportunities for improvement, and you’re motivated to lead projects from start to finish
- Partner management skills––you know how to build relationships and leverage the skills of multiple teams, including improving processes you don’t directly own
- Comfort with ambiguity––in ever-evolving situations, you approach initiatives with positivity and lead your team(s) through their completion
- MBA or master’s degree in a related field
- Six Sigma Certification
- Experience in management consulting, business analysis or related roles
- Experience leading online safety and/or responsible innovation teams
New York City residents only: Minimum salary of $171,000/year + equity and benefits*Note: Disclosure as required by NYC Pay Transparency Law
Colorado residents only: Minimum salary of $136,800/year + equity and benefits*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20).
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!
To apply for this job please visit discord.com.