Website playstation Playstation Global
This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on August 17, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Do you have strong technical abilities, outstanding communication skills and can be an inspiration to your team to achieve outstanding results? We are looking for a seasoned Software Engineering Manager to help us build innovative software solutions that keep our gamers safe from harm when playing online.
You will direct a team working with product, design, legal and other partners to design and implement brand new front end experiences for handling and preventing harmful online behavior.
- Lead, coach, mentor and inspire a dedicated team of Software engineers to architect, build, deploy and support software that provide the best gaming experience for our customers.
- Lead multiple concurrent projects. Estimate, plan, and slice projects to deliver frequent value to production.
- Build and develop a high energy, committed, motivated engineering team focusing on engineering and operational excellence to deliver incredible business results.
- Champion a culture of diversity, inclusion, communication and collaboration
- Collaborate across business units and product teams to develop and complete the team’s vision, strategy, and roadmap.
- Lead day-to-day activities of engineering team using Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Collaborate with team members from offices in the US, UK and Japan
- You have built and led impactful engineering teams
- You are experienced in building and running complex software systems and highly scalable/available software
- 3+ years as a Development Manager
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to present technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, inclusion, communication and collaboration
- BS or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience working with UX design teams to build and develop engaging front-end features
- Passion for developing Trust and Safety technologies that reduce online harms