This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on December 22, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Cinder provides a cutting-edge platform to protect the internet. Trust & safety teams at the world’s most influential companies need powerful solutions that allow them to innovate and adapt as quickly as the threats they face. Companies rely on our software to make policies, moderate, enforce, investigate, and disrupt threats like hate groups, and state-sponsored disinformation campaigns.
We operate as a fully remote company with teammates in Washington DC, Austin, New York, and the Bay Area. We also believe in the value of frequent in-person meet-ups and learning face to face. We offer health, vision & dental benefits and a 401(k) plan with employer matching.
What you’ll do
- Develop our engineering roadmap and guide major product decisions and execution
- Work with some of the most ubiquitous technology companies today to build innovative products at incredible scale
- Work closely with client engineering teams to prioritize improvements and new features to keep our existing product offerings sharp and relevant
- Set Cinder apart as a hub of excellent engineering practices and build a solid foundation for our software
- Lead product strategy and engineering direction
- Work closely with product designers and investigations experts to craft a consumer-grade experience for our customers
- Have excellent written and spoken English communication skills. As a remote company, we need to be able to communicate with each other and our customers quickly and clearly!
- 1+ in a previous full-time engineering role or equivalent
- Experience using modern open source frameworks and cloud technologies
- Ability to take initiative—if something looks wrong or needs attention, you love to jump on it
- Comfort with ambiguity. Trust & safety is an evolving industry; new regulations, norms, and best practices emerge all the time and we will adjust to support our customers.
- Interest in solving some of the world’s most pressing problems
- Experience in a start-up or building 0 to 1 products and bringing them to market
- Experience working for a social media, marketplace, or media company with knowledge of how attackers can abuse these systems
Core technologies: Our engineering team has experience across a few languages. We don’t require a specific programming background, but expect you to be motivated to write clean and efficient code. Today, we’re mostly using AWS, Python, Django, GraphQL, and React, among other current languages and libraries.