Website Credit Karma
This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on February 27, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we’re best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* — all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we’ve added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
Credit Karma depends upon our users’ trust. We earn and maintain that trust by demonstrating our commitment to safeguarding their information. The Trust & Safety team has the critical responsibility of protecting Credit Karma’s members by securing our online processes and preventing online fraud and abuse throughout the Credit Karma product suite.
What you’ll do:
- Managing and providing the end to end investigation and remediation of fraud cases raised by our members across the UK and Canada
- Management of the wider Fraud & Security queue supporting our front line member support staff and outsource partners in answering any fraud and security related queries including document verification, analysis of account activity and troubleshooting
- Development of best practices and processes for the management of the Fraud & Security queue driving continuous improvement to systems, processes and procedures
- Support the development of business requirements, processes and for fraud prevention systems.
- Partner with Product owners to optimize fraud performance
- Partner with Engineering and analytics teams to optimize system impact and ability to work collaboratively across teams.
- Understanding of fraud strategy and control design
- Understanding of fraud rule performance, false positives, detection rates and loss
- Assists with the development, implementation, and monitoring of fraud prevention initiatives.
- Excellent data and analytical skills.
- Mid level programming skills (SQL and Python etc.)
- Identify fraud trends and take the appropriate action
- Works closely with our partners to develop, maintain and mature our fraud operating procedures and processes
Minimum Basic Requirements:
- 3+ years experience in Fraud Operations including engagement with CIFAS
- 1+ years experience building fraud processes for fraud operations and controls
- 1+ years experience with fraud prevention, detection and remediation methodologies and 1st line risk
- Strong knowledge of the fraud management life cycle and industry trends
- An analytical and data driven approach
- A fun and positive attitude!
- Broad knowledge of project management and business process reengineering
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical work experience
- 1+ years experience at a regulated financial institution
- 1+ years experience in Financial Services or FinTech
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.