This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on August 7, 2023. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Who We Are
X serves our community of users and customers by working tirelessly to preserve free expression and choice, create limitless interactivity, and create a marketplace that enables the economic success of all its participants. The Threat Disruption team provides expert scaled investigative support into inauthentic accounts and behaviour on the platform. Our objective is to increase the costs to bad actors for manipulating the platform and mitigate associated harm.
What You’ll Do
Are you a security expert who is passionate about protecting users from global disinformation and other threats? Are you excited by hard problems that require multi-disciplinary and creative solutions? You will support investigative and response efforts across a wide range of critical issues, including nation state activity, platform manipulation, coordinated inauthentic behaviour, election interference, and security threats to our users. These areas directly correspond with our platform integrity and authenticity rules.
● Work with a globally distributed team of multidisciplinary subject matter experts and technical investigators.
● Provide both technical and non-technical analysis on live threats facing our users and our platform, leveraging internal tools as well as coming up with creative solutions using available data and resources.
● Identify, propose, and implement investigative tradecraft improvements to advance the practice of the Threat Disruption team.
● Partner with cross-functional teams to perform end-to-end quantitative analysis projects, communicate results and turn analyses into tools, predictive models, and systems to assist in better identifying and mitigating attacks.
What you bring to X
● A security and safety practitioner comfortable using diverse skills, techniques, and technologies to enable data-informed decision-making.
● You have a deep understanding of geopolitical, disinformation, and cybersecurity trends, and can communicate your expertise clearly to inform stakeholder decisions and policy development.
● You are passionate about protecting the information space and combating threats to the health of online conversation, and you aren’t afraid of tackling high impact problems at massive scale with global exposure.
● You have an entrepreneurial mentality and are flexible, self-starting, self-motivated, and hard-working.
● You are a team player and invite close collaboration in your work.
● You are able to interpret information from multiple sources and work with large data sets, and you have experience with data visualization tools.
● 5+ years experience as an analyst or investigator working on relevant issues (security & user safety investigations, anti-spam, counter-fraud, or counter-terrorism) that inform policy development and/or strategic decision making.
● Background using network forensics and indicators of malicious actor behavior to identify and attribute abuse.
● Experience with open-source (OSINT) research and analysis techniques as well as data visualization tools.
● Experience using SQL and relational databases in your work.
● Ability to use Python, R, or another scripting language to facilitate scaled analysis and data manipulation.
● Experience at a technology company.
● Additional fluency in languages such as Russian, Mandarin, Cantonese.
● Regional- or country-level familiarity with security, safety, and tech policy issues in Europe, LATAM, SE Asia.
To apply: Send your CV to email@example.com with the role you are applying for as the subject line
To apply for this job please visit www.dropbox.com.