This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on April 20, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Cinder provides a cutting-edge investigation platform to protect the internet. Trust and Safety teams at the world’s most influential companies need powerful solutions that allow them to innovate and adapt as quickly as the threats they face. Companies rely on our software to investigate and disrupt threats like hate groups, terrorist organizations, and state-sponsored disinformation campaigns.
Cinder is seeking an experienced senior software engineer for our team building an enterprise investigation platform to make the internet safer.
We operate as a fully remote company with teammates in DC, Austin, SF and Chicago. We also believe in the value of frequent in-person meet-ups and learning face to face.
What you’ll do
- Develop our engineering roadmap and guide major product decisions and execution
- Work with some of the most ubiquitous technology companies today to build innovative products at incredible scale
- Work closely with client engineering teams to prioritize improvements and new features to keep our existing product offerings sharp and relevant
- Set Cinder apart as a hub of excellent engineering practices and build a solid foundation for our software
- Mentor junior engineers and build out a growing team while reporting to Cinder’s head of engineering
- Lead product strategy and engineering direction
- Work closely with product designers and investigations experts to craft a consumer-grade experience for our customers
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills. As a remote company, we need to be able to communicate with each other and our customers quickly and clearly!
Core technologies: Our engineering team has deep experience across languages. We don’t require a specific programming background, but expect you to be motivated to write clean and efficient code!
- 5+ years of software engineering experience in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Successful track record of building platform-level software from the ground up
- Experience using modern open source frameworks and cloud technologies
- Comfort with ambiguity and an ability to take initiative
- Flexibility! We’re a small company moving fast in a fluid environment where customer needs are often sensitive and complex
- Interest in solving some of the world’s most pressing problems
- 2+ years in a client-facing role—experience working with customers is a big plus
- Experience in a start-up or building 0 to 1 products and bringing them to market
- Experience working for a social media, marketplace, or media company with knowledge of how attackers can abuse these systems
Why join us?
As a senior software engineer at Cinder, you’ll be paramount in determining the entire end-to-end experience for our customers, having your work be seen, used, and loved by investigators protecting the largest communities in the world. We’re building and implementing the most advanced investigation system, and your customers and partner organizations are some of the world’s largest enterprises. Expect a front row seat in tackling the hardest problems for some of the most sensitive, impactful issues.
Why you should join Cinder
Cinder’s mission is to create a safer internet. By providing a unified investigations and intelligence platform, Cinder allows investigative teams across enterprises to find and thwart harmful actors faster and more efficiently.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org