This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on July 3, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,600+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
Trust & Safety team members are the builders and maintainers of the anti-abuse world at GitLab.com. They develop the tools and manage the workflows that are needed to monitor, mitigate and report on abusive activity, and are an essential part of our goal of being good internet citizens. In the Trust and Safety Team there are two primary role types, Security Engineer and Security Analyst. Where the Security Engineer in Trust and Safety is primarily focused on the creation, maintenance and improvements of the systems and tools required to detect and mitigated abusive activity on GitLab.com, the Security Analysts’ primary focus is on the creation, maintenance and processing operational workflows in the team. Depending on the role type you are applying for your daily duties could include creating tooling and automation for curbing abusive activity on GitLab.com, assisting with incident response and operational workloads and mitigating abusive activity. A successful candidate is someone who is curious and willing to learn, has at least a basic understanding of security concepts, is comfortable moving forward in the face of ambiguity and able to effectively manage competing priorities.
This position reports to the Manager, Trust and Safety.
Senior Security Engineer, Trust and Safety Job Grade
The Senior Security Engineer, Trust and Safety is a grade 7.
Senior Security Engineer, Trust and Safety Responsibilities
- Extends Security Engineer, Trust and Safety responsibilities, plus;
- Leverages Trust and Safety (anti-abuse) expertise in at least one specialty area
- Triage and handle escalated issues independently
- Conducts architecture reviews on Trust and Safety tooling/systems and makes recommendations
- Interview security candidates during the hiring process
Senior Security Engineer, Trust and Safety Requirements
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in Software Engineering with some experience in web or cloud security or abuse detection
- A minimum of 2 years experience working with incident response
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capability to build working relationships with key stakeholders
- Experience with operating system internals, web applications and browser security
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.