This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on September 30, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
The Safety Org is one of Reddit’s largest pillars, and Safety Insights provides research services across the whole Org to ensure Reddit is safe and accessible to everyone. We unravel hard problems that cut across T&S domains and tackle global challenges to create and foster safe communities. As a Senior or Staff-level Researcher on the Safety Insights team, you will define and lead Reddit’s approach to international safety, and your work will directly influence the Safety Org’s internationalization (i18n) approach and investments.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and execute a formative i18n research agenda focused on safety, including leveraging and partnering with vendors and other external partners.
- Interact with cross-functional partners from multiple Orgs (i.e., Safety Product, Consumer Product, Comms, Threat Intel, Policy, Automated Enforcement, etc.) to surface overarching safety challenges and constraints.
- Align stakeholders for maximum research influence and a unified approach to problem-solving.
- Socialize findings with a broad range of stakeholders through research artifacts such as reports, presentations, and other creative storytelling vehicles.
Who You Might Be
- Masters or Ph.D. in Social Science, Behavioral science, HCI, Anthropology, or equivalent experience
- Industry or transferable i18n research experience
- Experience establishing and leading research areas
- Willingness to engage with all parts of the research process, including operations (i.e., recruiting, etc.)
- Experience leveraging and conducting a variety of qualitative and ethnographic methods. Have a strong understanding of their strengths and shortcomings, including when and how to apply them during each product phase
- Experience managing user recruitment and research budget
- Experience working in complex cross-functional collaborations
- Bonus: Experience with SQL
- Demonstrated flexibility and non-dogmatic approach to strategy, learning, and impact
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, manage, and meet deadlines across multiple time-sensitive initiatives
- High tolerance for ambiguity and ability to adapt to changing priorities and timelines
- Ability to produce results independently as well as in a team environment
In addition to your application, please submit a portfolio or case studies that highlight the breadth and depth of your research experience. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.