This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on January 24, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul, and Tokyo.
As a Senior Product Policy Analyst on TikTok’s US Trust & Safety team, you will work to ensure that users enjoy a safe, authentic, diverse and inclusive community on the platform. This role will oversee US safety policy for the platform’s text features including: comments, captions, hashtags, and messaging. You will need to cultivate a deep understanding of how text features work and how they can be abused. This will require developing systems for tracking feature launches and use patterns to identify thoughtful, creative policy solutions in a fast moving environment. You will work closely with a variety of internal partners including Global and US experts on issues such as harassment and hateful behavior, Product, Communications, Operations, and Legal to ensure that TikTok is able to detect, triage, and prevent safety incidents. This position will be full-time. It can be based in any of our US offices but preference will be given to candidates based in Los Angeles, New York City or Washington DC.
– Drive the overall strategic planning and effective execution of text policy on the US Trust and Safety team
– Grow and oversee a team of policy specialists dedicated to supporting safe text features including: comments, captions, hashtags, and messaging
– Work closely with cross-functional partners and external experts to understand emerging social media trends in the US and to predict violations of TikTok’s community guidelines
– Develop strong working relationships with product teams to anticipate potential harms associated with text features and to identify viable product design and policy solutions
– Support the development, launch and training of effective text policies and guidance
– Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify gaps, establish goals, and determine milestones for continuously improving platform safety
– Provide trainings to internal stakeholders on the evolution of monetization features and the role of the trust and safety team in helping to support safe user use
– 5+ years of work experience in Trust and Safety, product policy or relevant field
– Training in natural language processing, linguistics, taxonomy development, or working with search engine optimization
– Experience building and overseeing teams
– Demonstrated systematic thought process regarding policy and experience working with engineering and technical design teams
– Ability to thrive in ambiguous environments, identify trade-offs, and make decisions in high-pressure situations
– Deep knowledge of how policy develops in new media, technology, entertainment, or related fields
– Strong attention to detail — highly self-driven and results oriented
– Bilingual in English and at least one other language (e.g., Spanish, Mandarin)
– Familiarity working with international partners across time zones
– Proven ability to develop sound research methodologies and collect, synthesize, analyze, and interpret data
– Experience managing complex research projects
– Experience working in a start-up, or forming new teams in established companies
– Advanced proficiency in Excel
To apply for this job please visit careers.tiktok.com.