This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on July 3, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Twitter is what’s happening and what people are talking about right now. For us, life’s not about a job, it’s about purpose. We believe real change starts with conversation. Here, your voice matters. Come as you are and together we’ll do what’s right (not what’s easy) to serve the public conversation.
Join the Twitter Privacy & Data Protection Team!
We are looking for an experienced Sr. Privacy Program Manager to help build and support privacy processes and initiatives at Twitter. As a Sr. Privacy Program Manager at Twitter, you’ll work with team members who are passionate about privacy and data protection and growing our business in a way that makes us proud. You’ll be part of a team responsible for a wide range of cross-functional privacy and data protection projects. You’ll be working in close collaboration with teams throughout the company, and will help us to build and support scalable programs, tools and processes to keep the data of the people that use our services safe. You must bring exceptional operations design and management experience, solid understanding of privacy and data protection principles, as well as creativity, to your daily role. You should have a track record of collaborating and thriving in a fast-paced team environment.
Who We Are:
Privacy and Data Protection team members are key advisors to a wide range of Twitter teams and partner closely with other legal and business colleagues to support Marketing, the People Team, Public Policy, Procurement, IT, InfoSec, and others on all things Privacy and Data Protection. We are passionate about privacy and data protection and growing our business in a way that makes us proud.
What You’ll Do:
- Be a cross-functional champion for privacy and data protection.
- Support the design, creation, and rollout of key privacy program initiatives that deliver best in class privacy practices for Twitter and its users.
- Lead strategic privacy first initiatives across Twitter
- Identify and implement operational improvements to embed privacy and data protection in the way teams work at Twitter.
- Support adoption of operational privacy processes through discussion and coordination with stakeholders across the company.
- Partner with legal, engineering and other teams to review and track privacy and data protection compliance through project lifecycles.
- Identify opportunities and implement projects that create and contribute to a privacy by design culture at Twitter
- Self-starter who works well with minimal supervision, but shows excellent judgment about when to look to managers and teammates for guidance, and when and how to communicate with diverse stakeholders.
- Team player with a proven track record of building cross-functional relationships.
- Detail and process oriented and enjoy problem solving.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Thrives in ambiguity and gets things done!
- Passionate about privacy and Twitter
- Experienced at influencing diverse partners and driving accountability and decision making across teams
- Solution-oriented, customer services, growth mindset and energy generator
- 6-8+ years of work experience in privacy or technology law, policy, programs, or other related fields.
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Computer Science, Public Policy, Political Science or related field.
- Proven experience driving projects and initiatives with technical and non-technical teams in highly regulated environments
- Demonstrated experience in online privacy, security or related field.
- Proven track record of collaborating with cross-functional groups to set objectives and produce results.
- Experience managing, organizing, and coordinating projects and process-improvements in a program.
- CIPP certification is preferred.
- JIRA experience is highly valued, but not required.
To apply for this job please visit careers.twitter.com.