This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on November 3, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
About the Role
Twitch is looking for a Senior Policy Specialist for the Trust and Safety Policy Team to help us build, communicate, and apply our rules for what is permitted on Twitch.
You will tackle difficult content moderation questions, balancing the safety and expression needs of our community, our role in the larger social media and gaming spaces, and regulatory, business and operational needs. You’ll develop and launch policies on a range of sensitive topics which may include content related to abuse, harassment and/or youth safety. You will summarize research, work with data, and partner with external experts and cross-functional partners including Trust & Safety Ops, Community Health, Product, Legal and Public Policy teams. Some evening and weekend work may be required to address new safety-related concerns.
This job will report to the Senior Director of Safety Policy.
This position can be located in San Francisco, CA, Irvine, CA, or Seattle, WA.
- Research, build and communicate global policies that impact broad-reaching issues of safety and expression with a focus on sensitive topics including youth safety, mental health, harassment and bullying.
- Coordinate team processes, and manage multiple large projects
- Engage externally with experts and members of the Twitch community on safety matters
- Contribute to investigations of high-profile and gray area policy issues
- Help plan and launch safety education for a broad cross section of users and supporting regulatory compliance projects
- 5+ years of technology industry expertise or equivalent public or civil-sector experience in Trust & Safety policy, Government Affairs, policy communications, operations, or legal
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. As part of your application, you will complete a written policy proposal exercise.
- Experience working with user generated content and licensed content services and the surrounding policy environments
- Experience managing multi-partner projects
- Demonstrated experience problem-solving in demanding environments
- Familiarity with Twitch, and/or related gaming or social media services our creators, and our community
- Experience writing scaled online content moderation policies
- Experience with the content moderation and trust and safety landscape, particularly with regards to live streaming content.