Website oversightboard Oversight Board
This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on December 2, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
The Oversight Board makes binding and independent decisions about the most challenging content issues on Facebook and Instagram. Members of the Board include Helle Thorning-Schmidt, former Prime Minister of Denmark, Tawakkol Karman, Nobel Peace Prize Winner, Michael McConnell, Director of Stanford’s Constitutional Law Center, and may other diverse leaders and thinkers from around the world. The Board issued its first decisions in January 2021.
The Oversight Board Administration is the team of full-time staff who supports Board Members in carrying out their duties. The Administration has a presence in London, San Francisco and Washington, D.C., and operates with a global scope.
You can learn more about the Board at www.oversightboard.com.
Role and responsibilities
Joining the Oversight Board Administration is a chance to be part of an organization that will operate with the soul and pace of a start-up but have a global impact from day one – leading on some of the most prominent and challenging issues facing the tech industry and society. The Senior Officer of Strategy and Development will work independently with the Chief of Staff and the Administration Executive Team to facilitate cross-organization information flows, develop and ensure execution of strategic priorities, develop and implement knowledge management best practices, and advance the Director’s priorities across the organization. This role will preferably be based at the Administration’s US location in Washington D.C. Oversight Board offers flexible hybrid remote working, so we welcome applications for those based across East Coast US states, to allow for collaboration of time zone.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Independently develop and implement institution-wide knowledge management practices related to matters of significance impacting the organization.
- Coordinate information flows across the organization, to include developing and managing the all-staff calendar; managing all staff and cross-functional in-person and virtual events; and ensuring that information from internal and external meetings is shared appropriately.
- Work across the organization to advance the Director’s priority initiatives, such as engagement with other industry actors, compliance with emerging regulation, or innovations in operational procedures.
- Facilitate cross-functional collaboration between teams.
- Independently develop and manage organization-wide processes for coordinated teamwork plans for matters significant to the OSB.
- Ensure that materials and information that reach the Director have received appropriate input from across the organization and are decision ready.
- Draft and develop independent best practice recommendations related to strategy and organizational development.
- Closely collaborate with the Corporate Secretary and the Board Member Governance and Relations team to ensure that OSB trustees, co-chairs, and board members are kept appropriately informed and brought into decisions at the appropriate time.
- Exercise sound judgment in the management of sensitive data.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
Successful candidates are likely to have the following skills and experience:
- BA or MA Preferred
- Highly developed organizational intelligence
- Strategic thinker with a demonstrable track record of effective institutional prioritization
- Highly organized
- Excellent track record of project management that highlights responsiveness and attention to detail
- Outcome/solutions oriented
- Open-minded and constructive approach to problem solving
- Experience bringing multiple stakeholders together around a single set of goals
- At least 8 years of related professional experience
- Experience working with senior executives and boards or trustees
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence and accuracy, with strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong integrity, sound independent judgement, and ability to instill confidence while maintaining a growth mindset