This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on March 16, 2023. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
About the Team
DoorDash’s Trust and Safety team is seeking an experienced program manager to oversee our work in the safety process and partnerships space. Trust and Safety is focused on proactively mitigating safety risk on the DoorDash platform while also responding to safety incidents quickly, effectively and empathetically to ensure our consumers, dashers and merchants have a high quality and safe experience. We continue to strive to ensure DoorDash is a platform where all customers, dashers and merchants are safe from harm and feel safe while using our platform. This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate with a proven track record of performance to oversee our strategy in this critical area.
About the Role
As the Senior Manager of DoorDash’s Safety Strategy and Operations team, you will lead a team of operators and provide strategic oversight and program management skills to spearhead and drive the implementation of critical large scale initiatives in support of the Trust and Safety department’s goals. Specifically, your work will be focused at reducing safety incidents on the platform through root cause identification and intervention while also increasing safety sentiment across the platform. You will partner closely with various internal cross functional teams, including product, operations, marketing, public policy and legal as well as identify, onboard and manage external vendors and partners that will aid us in refining our response process and launching programs that promote safety and trust to our customers, dashers and merchants. You have demonstrated well-honed project management ability in previous work, and you have the ambition to push for large scope change. The role will require you to have the ability to concentrate on the fine details while also communicating a high level narrative to leadership and partners. You are a thoughtful and skilled relationship manager; able to build connections with internal stakeholders and outside safety organizations. We will need a self-starter with a can-do attitude who isn’t afraid to roll their sleeves up, can work in a rapidly changing industry, tolerate ambiguity and demonstrate problem-solving leadership with limited oversight.
The ideal candidate has some technical prowess and a passion for data driven insights to help them make informed decisions that improve our valued community.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Work with Trust and Safety leadership to define, launch, and execute various strategic initiatives focused on elevating our reactive response function as well as programs that promote safety and trust across our dashers, customers and merchants
- Manage a team of strategy operators focused on reducing incidents on the platform while also increasing safety sentiment
- Manage relationships with third-party vendors, safety organizations and partners including identification, onboarding, service monitoring, performance optimization, and ROI analysis
- Collaborate cross-functionally across Trust and Safety, Marketing, Product, Support, Legal, Public Policy and others to drive key projects.
- Identify, scope and execute on incident reduction prevention and interference strategies aimed at keeping our consumers, dashers and merchants safe
- Define project goals and key results that align with strategic vision. Gain buy-in, track results, and update progress to key stakeholders.
- Build detailed project plans with tasks, resources, dependencies, and dates. Identify risks and create mitigation plans. Work with the project team to ensure on-time completion of key milestones.
- Prepare briefs and clearly communicate findings from initiatives to management and the broader Trust and Safety organization.
We’re excited about you because…
- Bachelor degree required, MBA a plus
- 10+ years of total work experience with 6+ years focused on project/program management, consulting or corporate strategy.
- At least 3 years of people management
- Experience managing large cross functional programs with multiple milestones and stakeholders
- Familiarity and experience working on projects focused on safety on a local, national or international scale.
- Experience working with product and engineering teams to implement change and drive results
- Experience working with or helping to scale operations functions
- Well developed problem-solving and analytical skills. Moderate SQL Proficiency.
- Multi-tasking capabilities as we grow fast and changes come up frequently.
- Impeccable communication skills and experience working with management and leadership teams, Experience presenting to senior leadership
- 4+ years of Trust and Safety/Risk/Fraud experience preferred
- Knowledge of the product we offer and passion for DoorDash.