This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on September 5, 2023. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
As the Senior Manager of Exploitative Content, you will lead a team to deliver responsible safety operations for our users in alignment with domestic and international standards, and support initiatives to protect and enhance the working experiences for the team.
You will serve as the internal subject matter expert on teen and child safety, provide strategic guidance and oversight to a global team, and liaise with internal and external stakeholders to deliver program capability and processes. You will report into our Senior Director of Specialized Intelligence Operations.
What you will do
- Inform Discord’s policies, programs, and plans to promote and ensure quality, consistency, and integration of the Exploitative Content mission
- Manage initiatives, report results, and make recommendations based on risk mitigation, brand reputation, and opportunities to generate safety-related impact
- Lead engagement with business leaders and subject matter experts on strategies, plans, and specific projects relating to the Exploitative Content mission
- Advise and guide efforts by supporting stakeholder teams, including scaled enforcement, data engineering, threat research, and adaptive analytics, to incorporate user safety initiatives, projects, and planning
- Manage industry initiatives, external partnerships and collaborations, and serve as the principal Exploitative Content resource for team and company leaders
- Ensure delivery of high quality, trauma-informed, person-centered services to prevent crimes against children and other vulnerable populations
What you should have
- 8+ years of experience investigating and acting on digital crimes and internet-enabled abuse against children or experience in reviewing and acting on violating adult explicit content
- 5+ years of experience in people management
- Experience analyzing and mitigating high-impact threats and online threat actors, with a track record of managing tactical & strategic initiatives resulting in measurable change
- Proven leadership in developing, articulating, and advocating policies and strategies relating to teen and child safety
- Strong understanding of US and global regulation related to digital/online safety
- Demonstrated leadership managing enterprise strategy, policy, and planning, to include liaison relationships with relevant organizations (e.g., NCMEC), law enforcement agencies, oversight organizations, and international partners
- Proven experience in partnering with people operations to support wellness initiatives for employees
To apply for this job please visit discord.com.