This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on July 3, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the department
Because of the scope, complexity, and diversity of the company’s work, we need a world-class team to help the company avoid distractions, and guide company leadership around obstacles. Our legal, policy, and trust & safety teams (“LPT”) are made up of very accomplished lawyers and professional staff who comprise a flexible, talented, and very cohesive team.
What you’ll do
As a Senior Manager, Legal Operations, you are excited about identifying, developing, implementing, and continuously improving new scalable processes and workflows across the entire team and for our business partners to allow Cloudflare to grow and scale. This position will be based out of Washington D.C., Austin, or San Francisco area. We expect this individual will be given considerable responsibility and will have the sort of personality to keep the team on the right track and headed in the right direction.
- Develop systems and process improvements to enable LPT to enhance its productivity, efficiency, and the quality of services provided to its clients
- Serve as a primary focal point and liaison for collaboration with other departments within the company
- Manage system deployments, enhancements, and related process guidelines, and troubleshoot issues with LPT project managers and operational managers.
- Manage the global projection, budget, and accrual process in partnership with the General Counsel’s organization and finance colleagues.
- Identify and analyze process inefficiencies and develop recommendations for process improvements
- Develop, implement and iterate on appropriate metrics and benchmarking through data analytics to measure the Legal Team’s performance and efficiency
- Create processes for capturing, distributing, and effectively using legal knowledge and information, from work products to ensure efficient use of prior experience
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Demonstrated success in a leading role in developing and implementing successful processes and systems in a dynamic environment
- Strong people leader with solid analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills and a desire and commitment to “roll-up your sleeves.”
- Proven self-starter, results-oriented, high-energy team player with demonstrated leadership skills who brings a positive, “can do” attitude to the workplace.
- Excellent communications skills, with the ability to quickly grasp critical information and coherently synthesize and share such information with a variety of people
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to produce clear and persuasive work in an efficient manner
- Excellent financial, analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability in working independently and as part of a team in establishing and meeting appropriate deadlines, with the capability of identifying and collaboratively prioritizing conflicting demands in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency and comfort working with computers and software, in a mobile environment
- Minimum five years of legal operations experience, with demonstrated performance and increasing responsibilities
- Experience working for a high-growth technology company, particularly in a growing legal department
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.