Website protego_api Protego
This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on December 17, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Protego is a small, seed-stage startup in New York City. We’re backed by Thrive Capital, Sound Ventures, Neo, Elad Gil, Common Sense Growth, Scott Forstall and a group of world-class founders and operators from Meta, Stripe, Figma, Notion, Webflow, Dropbox, Retool, Opendoor, Peloton and more.
Protecting users from harm on the Internet is one of the most critical problems of our time, and we need bold, innovative solutions to address it. This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the future of the Internet. We hope you’ll join us.
Why we’re looking for you
We need thoughtful, creative, and rigorous engineers to join a fast-paced, high-impact team. We’re looking for an engineer who wants to build our core ML product suite for use in high-volume, low-latency, and high-availability production environments. We need someone who’s excited to design and build scalable ML systems, who wants to work on applying LLMs to classification problems, and who can grow with the company by leading a team of ML engineers tackling some of the most urgent problems in the world.
- Develop the core ML models powering our platform, in domains such as large language models and other recent NLP and deep learning techniques, representation learning, clustering and outlier detection in high dimensional spaces, and active learning
- Lead the 0-1 delivery of powerful, flexible, and user-friendly infrastructure that powers all of ML at Protego
- Keep up with state-of-the-art research in ML for content understanding. Apply state-of-the-art deep learning models developed internally and from the research community to solve problems for our customers
- Work closely with the rest of our engineering and design teams to identify feature and scalability improvements to our product
- Help define and evolve our ML engineering stack as we scale the product
- Help us hire a world-class ML team and mentor new team members
- Deep alignment with our mission of building a safer Internet
- 5+ years experience in ML engineering, with a track record of deploying models for low-latency and high-availability inference
- Experience building ML applications for unstructured data (image, video, text, audio streams) including data collection, model development, deployment, and monitoring
- Experience building ML training pipelines and inference services in a large-scale production setting
- Experience with ML frameworks and libraries (e.g. PyTorch, TensorFlow)
- Familiarity with NLP – and specifically large language models – is a plus
- Familiarity with Computer Vision is a plus
- An orientation towards impact — on your own projects, throughout Protego, and across the world
- A high standard, for yourself and others, when working with production systems
- Open communication skills — ask questions, assume good intentions, and default to transparency
- Rigor and empathy that help you thrive in a collaborative and high-performance environment
To apply for this job please visit protego.notion.site.