This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on March 31, 2023. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Our legal team provides key support for all ByteDance’s innovative initiatives, state-of-the-art products, and integrated platforms servicing our global video market. We help our technological and business teams enable their vision by providing integrated legal guidance and support. As a result, the ByteDance team is growing fast and is seeking an experienced, bright and capable legal professional to join our Global Legal Content Moderation team. In this role, you will work on critical challenges in the areas of government content removal and data access requests, content moderation as well as content regulation. This full-time role is based in Singapore and provides a unique opportunity for an ambitious lawyer with a keen interest in learning about industry defining challenges and new areas of law.
– Work closely with our Trust & Safety team to assess and provide legal advice on content removal requests from governments in the APAC region.
– Work with in-house lawyers in the APAC region and with outside counsel to apply local laws and make determinations about whether to remove content or accounts.
– Provide legal counsel on requests from APAC law enforcement for user data.
– Support in-house lawyers in the APAC region to assess regional and/or local content regulations and laws, develop compliance strategies and support their implementation across APAC.
– Support ByteDance’s efforts to develop global policies regarding content moderation.
– Provide subject matter expertise to teams overseeing the review of new products or product features that may impact content moderation, to ensure content moderation standards are in place.
– Work in a cross-functional environment with government affairs, communications and other business professionals on content moderation and content regulatory matters.
– Qualified to practice law and in good standing in Singapore, US, UK, or another jurisdiction.
– 8+ years of experience in a highly regarded private practice or a legal department in internet technologies and with legal work regarding content moderation, content regulation and online safety.
– Proven performance leveraging cross-functional teams and coordinating activities across multiple business units, organisations, and jurisdictions
– Strong organisational skills with the ability to be flexible and meet deadlines in a fast‑paced, startup environment.
– Excellent written and oral communication skills.
– Fluent in English to work with global stakeholders.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bytedance.com.